Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active Atheist?
Active Atheist?
No not really. Hi all a tiny introduction, I am a married man from Australia, I have a wife and a son. I am a Christian. I have come here to try to draw people back to faith in God. 

I have had many experiences with God, but one thing that motivated me this week was: I attempted to lead people to Jesus, I tried to do a thing called prophecy, which (some people can do) seemed to go haywire, I attempted it on some poor atheist, and no matter what I tried nothing seemed to work. However after that God started to drop things in my mind which were true. 

A man approached me coming down the path, a voice told me he was a Muslim, and a Sunni Muslim. He began to walk past me and me not sure whether what I heard was true, asked him are you a Muslim, he said "yes", I said a "Sunni", he said yes. So I spoke to him about the errors in the Quran, and how it is deplorable that anyone would preach wife beating, and terror in the name of the living one. And no the guy did not have a beard, and wear a dress, he was just a normal man.

One thing I have noticed is that God does not work by my will but his. He some times gives me this insight other times, he hides from me what is going on in a persons life.

My name is hope-y because I hope in God, and want to bring you that hope, and hope that God shows up. 

So greetings all.
RE: Active Atheist?
Welcome
Welcome matey...

Please don't hold your breathe waiting for God to show up ... He's been MIA since day 1.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hi

How mad is it what is going on in the middle east at the moment.
Hello.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 7, 2017 at 8:27 am)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome matey...

Please don't hold your breathe waiting for God to show up ... He's been MIA since day 1.

The only time I had to hold my breath for Him to show up was a few years ago when I was going to try to drown myself in the bath ... true story ... hated life ... God spoke to me comfort ... and I am alive today ... praise God ... I now have a great life work as a computer programmer, have the whole family thing happening.

(April 7, 2017 at 8:30 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Hello.

Hi Brewer,

What does the mh bit stand for in your username, is it your name, or something else, just curious?
(April 7, 2017 at 8:32 am)hopey Wrote:
(April 7, 2017 at 8:30 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Hello.

Hi Brewer,

What does the mh bit stand foreign your username, is it your name, or something else, just curious?

You'll need to hang around to figure that out. I'm not giving it to you that easy. 

I guess we'll see if there are any rats here. Well, ARE THERE?

hehehehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 7, 2017 at 8:37 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 7, 2017 at 8:32 am)hopey Wrote:

Hi Brewer,

What does the mh bit stand foreign your username, is it your name, or something else, just curious?

You'll need to hang around to figure that out. I'm not giving it to you that easy. 

I guess we'll see if there are any rats here. Well, ARE THERE?

hehehehe

The only rat that I know of is my son, I call him rattie, came from the term scallyrat, which was derived from the term scaly wag ... who was the son of Robert, the son of John, .... ect the son of Adam. 

Sounds like the bible .. better go to the religion section.
Welcome, as long as you don't preach, we are peachy
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(April 7, 2017 at 8:22 am)hopey Wrote: I am a Christian. I have come here to try to draw people back to faith in God. 

Hello there. You are but one in a line of many who have tried and failed. But welcome anyway. I hope your stay, however long, is a pleasant one.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jeff Bradt, user since 2013, becoming active JP Bradt 42 6181 March 15, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie