Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15%
So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15%
as confirmed here. As most major companies are flocking off their headquarters (but not actually doing any business, you understand) to such exotic locations as the Bahamas, the Caymans, Dublin or London how is he going to get them to suffer the infinite tax hike (from the current effective rate of 0%)?

Or is this simply another way for the Republitraitor party to fuck over ordinary Americans by stealing money out of their pockets to give to the already super rich?

PS. The last question was rhetorical.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15%
wut ?

Are you referencing the proposed cut from 35% to 15% ???

But actually, he thought as he re-adjusted the Ministry of Plenty's figures, it was not even forgery. It was merely the substitution of one piece of nonsense for another. Most of the material that you were dealing with had no connexion with anything in the real world, not even the kind of connexion that is contained in a direct lie. Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version. A great deal of the time you were expected to make them up out of your head. For example, the Ministry of Plenty's forecast had estimated the output of boots for the quarter at one-hundred-and-forty-five million pairs. The actual output was given as sixty-two millions. Winston, however, in rewriting the forecast, marked the figure down to fifty-seven millions, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been overfulfilled. In any case, sixty-two millions was no nearer the truth than fifty-seven millions, or than one-hundred-and-forty-five millions. Very likely no boots had been produced at all. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had been produced, much less cared. All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot. And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The less huge corporations can have a negative tax rate too, and get corpoate welfare checks. The huge ones will get even bigger checks. I mean we'll grow the economy. It'll be tremendous.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
(April 26, 2017 at 9:19 am)vorlon13 Wrote: wut ?

Are you referencing the proposed cut from 35% to 15% ???

But actually, he thought as he re-adjusted the Ministry of Plenty's figures, it was not even forgery. It was merely the substitution of one piece of nonsense for another. Most of the material that you were dealing with had no connexion with anything in the real world, not even the kind of connexion that is contained in a direct lie. Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version. A great deal of the time you were expected to make them up out of your head. For example, the Ministry of Plenty's forecast had estimated the output of boots for the quarter at one-hundred-and-forty-five million pairs. The actual output was given as sixty-two millions. Winston, however, in rewriting the forecast, marked the figure down to fifty-seven millions, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been overfulfilled. In any case, sixty-two millions was no nearer the truth than fifty-seven millions, or than one-hundred-and-forty-five millions. Very likely no boots had been produced at all. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had been produced, much less cared. All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot. And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain.

Good point, apart from your blatant misspelling of "connection". Tongue
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
It's a dead variant.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/mar.../81399094/

Quote:27 giant profitable companies paid no taxes

Hard to pay less than nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 2058 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11490 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 857 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 825 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 354 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1092 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4584 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5270 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2366 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? onlinebiker 44 2375 February 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Yonadav