Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history.
Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history.
9th circuit court. Basically stated (correct me if I'm wrong) that if the woman's salary had been lower in the past, the businesses did not have to increase the pay to be currently equal to their male counter parts. 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...7-19-11-13
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history.
(April 27, 2017 at 8:06 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: 9th circuit court. Basically stated (correct me if I'm wrong) that if the woman's salary had been lower in the past, the businesses did not have to increase the pay to be currently equal to their male counter parts. 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...7-19-11-13

Fuck!

Here in NZ they just gave a BIG pay rise to a lot of women who work as carers for the elderly because they weren't getting paid enough.

The US need to follow the examples of other countries.

9th Circuit Court: You're a bunch of fucking Neanderthals.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Don't look now women but the court says it's OK to pay you less based on history.
The court is saying it is ok for the county to entice people to come work for them by offering them a 5% salary increase.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 27, 2017 at 8:14 pm)chimp3 Wrote: The court is saying it is ok for the county to entice people to come work for them by offering them a 5% salary increase.

Where they were more than likely underpaid. Ain't same pay for the same work. 

If the male workers were paid more due to "seniority, merit, quantity or quality of work" (from the article) I'm OK with that. 
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 27, 2017 at 8:48 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 27, 2017 at 8:14 pm)chimp3 Wrote: The court is saying it is ok for the county to entice people to come work for them by offering them a 5% salary increase.

Where they were more than likely underpaid. Ain't same pay for the same work. 

If the male workers were paid more due to "seniority, merit, quantity or quality of work" (from the article) I'm OK with that. 
I am not condoning wage discrimination. I live in Kentucky. Wages here are much less than New York. Let's say I (male) applied for a job in that county and a woman from New York did also. We both were hired. She would be making more than me.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2841 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Women's Rights Lek 314 18378 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says WinterHold 262 17292 March 28, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Less than half of England and Wales population Christian, Census 2021 shows Duty 28 1580 December 3, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 17103 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1623 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  But.. But.... But..... onlinebiker 25 1534 May 6, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2189 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2145 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
  Less Cops = ? onlinebiker 86 3079 September 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm