Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell?
Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell?
The atheists on the radio this AM were discussing this. During a funeral have any of you ever heard of the deceased going to hell? I certainly never have. 

I've known quite a few that certainly qualify according to christians/muslims/jews/mormons(?). 

And before some of you say, well they repented before they died, I'll say that some died instantly and some in their sleep with no chance to repent.

If fear of being sent to the bad place is a real driving force, and we know these people qualify, why aren't the religious stating that's where they went?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell?
I have.

Specifically, the deceased was noted to be unrepentant at the end, and was cited as a negative example for the rest of us sinners at the funeral.

Deceased's mom apologized to everyone during the fellowship luncheon afterwards.

I was also at a funeral where the minister LIED about the deceased accepting Jesus at the end (he hadn't).

I thought that one was more disgusting, BTW.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Nope.

And none ever went to fucking heaven, either.
Both of my examples were Baptist, BTW.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 28, 2017 at 8:16 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I have.

Specifically, the deceased was noted to be unrepentant at the end, and was cited as a negative example for the rest of us sinners at the funeral.

Deceased's mom apologized to everyone during the fellowship luncheon afterwards.

I was also at a funeral where the minister LIED about the deceased accepting Jesus at the end (he hadn't).

Where was the funeral where the mother apologized afterwards?  Was it a really religious town or something?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Iowa.

She had requested an MCC pastor do the service at her home (Baptist) church. The Baptist preacher pretty much said "Hell no" to that idea and said if it was in his building he would do the service.

If looks could kill, just my stink eye alone would have turned that pastor in to a grease spot on the carpet. (I was a pall bearer, front row seat. If it happened now, I'd hope to shout I'd get up and sucker punch the son of a bitch)

(April 28, 2017 at 7:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: RE: Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell?

Not yet, but I always wanted to attend funerals of republican politicians.
BTW, my second example occurred in Illinois.

(April 28, 2017 at 8:16 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I have.

Did the mom apologize for the deceased or the minister? Man, that must have totally sucked for the mom. What an ass!

Sounds like he had never read the "first stone" bit.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
No.. Do they like pat you on the back and say "He's in a worse place now..."
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet Agnostic1 50 3146 December 30, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  I've Been MIRACLED!!! brokefree 1 768 June 9, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23513 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 9934 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Another "image" of Jesus goes viral Foxaèr 26 2582 May 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Mock funeral festival Fake Messiah 8 873 April 28, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 10954 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 708 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have you been to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park? ReptilianPeon 5 1445 May 22, 2015 at 2:51 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  mormonism, anything goes LivingNumbers6.626 8 2203 September 16, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13