Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Republicunts Will Hold A Vote on Wedon'tCare
The Republicunts Will Hold A Vote on Wedon'tCare
Here's an example of what's in it.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/republic...ion-taxes/

Quote:Republicans’ Obamacare plan would dump Medicaid expansion, taxes

Quote:The Republican bill would abolish most Obamacare taxes, including on medical devices, health insurance premiums, indoor tanning salons, prescription medications and high-cost employer-provided insurance known as “Cadillac” plans.

Those taxes paid for Obamacare. Republicans have not said how they would pay for the parts of the law they want to keep.

As always, deficits only matter when democrats are in power. 

The dumb shits will pass a bill that will die in the senate and think they accomplished something.
RE: The Republicunts Will Hold A Vote on Wedon'tCare
They've been working on the damn thing since Trump said his plan would be accepted from the beginning.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Don't forget that also included in TrumpCare is a provision allowing them to consider being sexually assaulted a 'pre-existing condition'

TrumpCare: "If you like your doctor, you can keep him if you can afford him, and if not you'll just die soon anyway hopefully."
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
AKA WealthCare.
Cut taxes for the rich and kill off the poors by shutting off access to health care.

-Teresa
It's a halfway decent gambit. Run up the deficit while you're in power while getting rid of all of the regulations that keep you and your friends from making unfettered amounts of money, lose an election after the damage has been done, then point at how slow the recovery is when the other party tries to clean up the piddle you left. And the anger from a failing or not recovering quickly enough economy wins them the midterm and gives them a shot at the next presidential election.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
There's been an active war on the poor and middle class (and I mean ACTIVE KILL YOU ALL WAR) since Obama was elected. They've done everything in their power, to take away every scrap of social security safety nets that have been in place for decades. Now theyre,just going to town, with free reign to do so!  

Today we found out that my stepmoms medicaid will not be covering her neck pain shots anymore, for her degenerative spine disease. Granted we were hoping she could get a spinal fusion which the spinal surgeon said she qualified for--but that too, is out the window as of now. I suspect medicaid is trying to postpone surgery until her eligibility ends in August. So today, after years of sobriety from alcohol, they handed her a bottle of narcotics and said that's all we can do. In a few years time she'll be in a wheelchair at best, with a neck brace to hold her head up for her. 

My heart is crying. 

We are a society, and we all have one need or another. Down to illegal aliens who have life the roughest, the fact that our nation has uninsured children of ANY nationality or status, and children with starving bellies being shamed and tortured at lunch for not having lunch money--their trays being thrown in the trash, perfectly good food wasted because of 'policy'? What an absolute shameful show and example of the irreparable damage that the GOP in charge all thsee years, is willing to mplement on its own people for greed, and in protest to President Obama. Instead of improving and representing their constituents, they spent 8 years stallworting, thwarting, throwing temper tantrums, and investigating hillary Clinton a dozen times for nothing! Where.. where's the investigators now, where's the prosecutors now, when Trump committed treason on live tv? TWICE?! It's called the Emoluments clause.  The establishment Republicans are running this shit show, happy to allow Trump to self detonate and detract from the dealings they're doing to the nation's healthcare and social services that we ourselves pay taxes into and our parents paid into too! Apparently Paul Ryan et all have been dreaming of starving children and ripping money from the needy since their " kegger days". How much more morally corrupt can you be??

I worry for my step mom, and for when she needs comprehensive medical care. Will she get it? I also worry for all those single moms living day to day trying to feed their babies due to mediacid cuts, or having been up all night with their sick child, debating whether she can afford to take them in to the urgent care. Worried she can't afford children's tylenol even. Worried about missing work that day, to take care of her baby, knowing that she has a high probability of being fired. Starting a new job usually takes 2wis to get payroll going. What would the landlord do if she were late on rent??
Questions, worries.. things noone needs to worry about in a nation swimming in tax funds, yet can't seem to take care of the people who pay those taxes??

What about meals on wheels?!! By god, that's a program that costs so little because the elderly are paying per meal, just discounted and having them brought to their house! And I, a person on lifelong disability get a whopping 15$ food stipend a month, which I've used every month up until last month when they took that away too! 

All these cuts.. they equate to so, so many people suffering.

Government layoffs? That means never getting a hold of customer service at medicaid, being referred to an online site or a phone center that hangs up on you because there are "too many in the queue". You have to get up at 7am, dial the number prior, and hit send exactly at 8 in a race to talk to a medicaid representative or get ahold of someone at the Health and Human Services, never being allowed to meet with your case worker after the initial vetting appointment.  And thats if you're lucky enough to get through the application process, and even then--what kind of coverage are our children and elderly and disabled --not to mention healthy or semi healthy struggling working class, getting? Well they cut WIC (women and childen in crisis) in Kansas 2014. They cut a LOT of programs when I was in Wichita. One month out of nowhere, the power company held the city hostage by quadrupling eVeryones hea ting bills in bone chillingly cold January. For February, me and my sister just wore heavy clothes and bundled under comforters for warmth. My dog was my bed Heater. Tongue The kids got the space heater and we were still gouged in March, for the Dec--February electric bill. We even went lightless, and used candle fgs. No idea how my room alone wracked up $600 in 2 months. Sister had to pay for her room and the kids room, so, double. There went her tax returns! She almost had a breakdown, unable to fathom how she could afford her last year of college! 

Anyways If you want a good picture of where this is going--a perfect example of how this is going to affect people day to day? Look at Kansas. The following is sort of me going off on a tangent about my experiences as the poorest and neediest of society, but it shows the depth and effects that these legislative decisions have, on those who get the shabby end of the deal (which in this case, is everyone but the rich and corporations).

An American Lower Class tale, and premonition of what's surely going to come to paed as the new norm. Where government policy and medicine and patients collide.

Anyways I heard not too long after, that the Kansas State government confiscated the funds Obama had set aside to help elderly and disabled with our prescription copays, knowing Medicare doesn't pay all of the med costs, and medicaid would not be picking up the copays like they were before. Apparently Kansas needed the funds to balance their budget, over seniors and children and disabled and needy getting medicine. The trickle down policy is nothing but a way for gov officials to pocket money, cut peoples social security nets, and profit big businesses who lobby them to do so. Latest news out of Kansas? They still can't seem to balance the budget, so tax increases are in store. Surprise surprise.
You poor people should die now, so they don't feed your corpses to the dogs.
If they want to fix the deficit get out of war stop with with the over bloated military cut the military
at least if you want to use money for military R&D. Put back most the money cut from the military into the US for roads, education, etc
and fucking healthcare.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Looks like it's going to pass the house.

Can someone please invent something that can transfer cancer from children to politicians? Because I'd like to see that happen. I will gladly fund working prototypes.
(May 4, 2017 at 9:28 am)dyresand Wrote: If they want to fix the deficit get out of war stop with with the over bloated military cut the military
at least if you want to use money for military R&D. Put back most the money cut from the military into the US for roads, education, etc
and fucking healthcare.

The people who make the guns own the Congresscritters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4439 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4808 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1451 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 945 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7788 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1336 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 756 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 2948 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Vote Blue No Matter Who! Foxaèr 18 1393 June 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Who Would You Vote for, Trump or Saunders? Rhondazvous 61 5373 June 26, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Athene