Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventures in Elite Dangerous
Adventures in Elite Dangerous
This is just a little show-off thread that will contain some of my best screenshots in Elite: Dangerous. For those not in the know, ED is a combat, exploration, mining and trading simulation game set within a 1:1 scale, realistic representation of the Milky Way galaxy, with the vast majority of star systems being procedurally generated. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a laid-back but fairly realistic starfaring experience. It also provides some quite stunning views, as I have discovered. Those who know me should understand why this game is like crack to me Tongue

[Image: iwo0Vg2.png]
My primary bounty-hunting ship, The Star Bitch. She's a Fer-De-Lance class attack vessel, armed to the teeth and sleek as you like.

[Image: ryVNsK2.jpg]
A side-on view of an impressively-ringed planet. This was earlier in my time within ED, when I was just dipping my toe in the water with exploration. The Seeker, my exploration craft, is visible.

[Image: LGkSTtU.png]
[Image: maU8hPx.png]

The Seeker diving into the rings of another ringed planet.

[Image: Xp1HVJN.png]
A shot of a populated planet's nightside, with the star just starting to peek behind the horizon.

[Image: 9HmnRoy.png]
My second trip to Betelgeuse, my favourite star. Capturing its immense size was tricky given the limitations of the game, but this was my best attempt. The little black smidge to the left is my ship, with the camera zoomed way out.

[Image: 4xM6YBh.png]
A view of the Milky Way rim from near the Sol system.

[Image: 9myyCFe.png]
This is what the Milky Way looks like from 10,700 lightyears away from the core - the dust clouds lifting to reveal the bright heart of the galaxy. At this stage I was roughly 14,000 lightyears away from Sol, give or take. At the time of writing, I'm currently 8,400 lightyears from Sag A, so I'll post more cool pics of my journey soon.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
RE: Adventures in Elite Dangerous
Very cool.

I'd make some stupid comment based on today but I think I'll pass.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I love this game. I only play it occasionally, but I've enjoyed every moment of it so far.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Just don't say or type "Betelgeuse" three times...
Dying to live, living to die.
I went on the Distant Worlds expedition about a month after buying the game. Was away for 3 months. Haven't been able to play since my first attack of MS. Lost the use of my hands within a week. I was beginning to used fixed weapons on my FDL. My favourite ship by far though is the Vulture. I have two of those, both engineered.
Is this a modern version of Elite? The game first released on the Spectrum 48k? If so, I loved that game and didn't know there was a new version out.

Either way, it looks amazing!
Sum ergo sum
Can you get get close to the black hole in the center of the Milky Way?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(May 5, 2017 at 6:00 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Is this a modern version of Elite? The game first released on the Spectrum 48k? If so, I loved that game and didn't know there was a new version out.

Either way, it looks amazing!

Yup! There's been a couple other games in between the two, this one was released 2014. I certainly would recommend it if you enjoyed the first one.

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(May 5, 2017 at 6:06 am)Sal Wrote: Can you get get close to the black hole in the center of the Milky Way?

Yup, as a matter of fact I arrived there late last night, after a 25,900 lightyear journey.

[Image: kabCeCQ.png]

But . . . how powerful are your photon torpedoes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite Schwa 2 1066 December 20, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Elite.. Darwinian 9 934 June 13, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat