Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gnostic Christians?
Gnostic Christians?
Are there any Gnostic Christians on here that I could ask some questions?
RE: Gnostic Christians?
(May 5, 2017 at 9:04 pm)Won2blv Wrote: Are there any Gnostic Christians on here that I could ask some questions?

I don't know. But what I do know about the gnostic Christians in my and my friends families--they're the most selfish, hateful/ judgemental, hypocritical, abusive, double standard living, purposefully ignorant, fake personalitied people that I've had the unfortunate experience of having met before the tendrils of self righteousness blighted their humanity into completely different people.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(May 5, 2017 at 9:50 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(May 5, 2017 at 9:04 pm)Won2blv Wrote: Are there any Gnostic Christians on here that I could ask some questions?

I don't know. But what I do know about the gnostic Christians in my and my friends families--they're the most selfish, hateful/ judgemental, hypocritical, abusive, double standard living, purposefully ignorant, fake personalitied people that I've had the unfortunate experience of having met before the tendrils of self righteousness blighted their humanity into completely different people.

and this is different from US TV evangelicals how ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I am not a gnostic but know quite a bit about them or could refer you to someone. What would you like to know?
(May 5, 2017 at 10:31 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(May 5, 2017 at 9:50 pm)Luckie Wrote: I don't know. But what I do know about the gnostic Christians in my and my friends families--they're the most selfish, hateful/ judgemental, hypocritical, abusive, double standard living, purposefully ignorant, fake personalitied people that I've had the unfortunate experience of having met before the tendrils of self righteousness blighted their humanity into completely different people.

and this is different from US TV evangelicals how ?

The TV Evangelicals most likely are only there to follow the money. Legit working class familis are the ones being torn up by what the evangelicals tell them, because they actually believe it. 

Hey OP throw out your questions on second hand, I used to be a professed gnostic Christian. Might be able to answer you based on my prior mindset?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Ditto what Luckie said. I used to fit that description. Maybe I can answer stuff.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7805 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31237 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51161 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15803 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8496 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
Lightbulb Gnostic gospels study group Doubting_Thomas 6 3872 October 13, 2012 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Doubting_Thomas
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9941 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Gnostic Christianity Retorth 3 2530 September 26, 2009 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Violet