Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys
Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys
Certainly explains some of the religitards we have around here.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/study-fi...mentalism/

Quote:Study finds link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism

Quote:According to Dr. Grafman and his team, since religious fundamentalism involves a strict adherence to a rigid set of beliefs, cognitive flexibility and open mindedness present a challenge for fundamentalists. As such, they predicted that participants with lesions to either the vmPFC or the dlPFC would score low on measures of cognitive flexibility and trait openness and high on measures of religious fundamentalism.

The results showed that, as expected, damage to the vmPFC and dlPFC was associated with religious fundamentalism. Further tests revealed that this increase in religious fundamentalism was caused by a reduction in cognitive flexibility and openness resulting from the prefrontal cortex impairment.

And now the WLB wants to take their health care!
RE: Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys
It is not as though they would be using their health care to seek professional psychological help anyway. Especially since they consider their religious leaders to be the only mental support they need.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys
I'm confused. Does this mean there needs to be less lobotomy's or more? Maybe just better.

Lobotomy, human tested, god approved!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something new about Alzheimers. brewer 7 940 July 3, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Amazing What The Bones Can Tell Us Minimalist 3 591 May 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Something light hearted to distract from depressing shit in France. Whateverist 14 2308 November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I need a bit of help (a link or something) Zenith 39 12900 June 22, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Just A Little Something To Piss Off Creationist Morons Minimalist 47 14278 May 6, 2011 at 4:26 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tell us about the dinosaurs Loki_999 232 73948 December 1, 2010 at 10:00 am
Last Post: orogenicman