Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there
Hello there
Hi. I'm Gert.

I've been active for a while on atheistforums.com. And I know a few members from over there are also over here. So I decided to check out the waters for myself, sort of speak.
I'm hoping to find this forum equally entertaining. I've heard it's a bit more trafficked, so I'll be seeing if I can keep up with everything.

I've been an atheist since my late teens/ early twenties. Though I went through a phase of mistakenly calling myself 'agnostic'. Atheist seemed such a harsh word. (Ah, the folly of youth.) I'm a former catholic. Though I wasn't raised in a strictly religious household. In fact, while I believed as a child and a teen and I was baptised and took communion and took religion in school, it turns out my parents don't believe in God either. They simply felt obliged for their parents to do this.
At seventeen I tried to prove to myself I wasn't just blindly taking something on faith but that there was something to substantiate my beliefs. I think you can figure how that turned out a year or two later. Trying to read the bible was the last straw.

I'm belgian. I'll be turning 26 in just over a week. I've got a job as a social worker. My hobby is theater. I enjoy reading books and certain comic books, watching many series, cartoons, films and anime, jogging (though I should get back out there!) and board games. Nothing suits me more than a good beer and some fries and a quiet night with friends. Never been much of a party-goer. Give me a fun bar and some conversation any night of the week instead.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the forum.
RE: Hello there
Obviously, you're awesome. Obviously obvious. I'm a social worker, too! I like beer in a cozy bar more than a party, too! So, since I'm pretty darn cool, you must be ok. Smile

Welcome, person. Ben will stop by shortly to offer you the pastries.

#welcome
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Hi.

Are you a "Captain?"
A Belgie ??

[Image: 181319528.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB...4F32AD3138]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Welcome from a small land down under.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome also from Australia, and island off New Zealand.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 22, 2017 at 9:10 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome also from Australia, and island off New Zealand.

Someone I know in New Zealand describes Australia as "the big depression to the North West of New Zealand".
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome. I was over at .com for a number of years, too (technically still am,  guess). .Org is a more welcoming bunch, IMHO.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Woof arf bark Welcome.

Love your dogs.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I gave up on .com because the board software really sucked.  Did they ever fix it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1199 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2415 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1015 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5259 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 839 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello there! Aliza 51 12125 July 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Hello there! YouOnlyLiveTwice 12 2254 July 4, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello there, I am new here. SuperSentient 18 3760 March 4, 2017 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1636 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Hello there. Galach 41 3989 July 26, 2016 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet