Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consciousness Quadlemma!
Consciousness Quadlemma!
1]   I think, therefore I am one with my physcal mind

2]  My thought experiences are not physical, therefore I am out of my mind

3]  My consciousness is on loan to me from a divine source and shall be returned one day

4]  Trump has on good conscious taken on the presidency to make America great again.

Only one can be true ....Choose wisely...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Consciousness Quadlemma!
Ignoramus, this is very important. Answer truthfully. Did you, knowingly or unknowingly, consciously or unconsciously, purposefully or accidentally, put on one of these recently?

[Image: CvlBtBmUEAIh0qp.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Pizza for everyone.

Make America grate again!
Dying to live, living to die.
Luckie, that is so funny....even if it is fake news!

(Luckie, are you a communist! Don't answer!)

Yeah, me neither....!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
No but I wish we'd hunt undocumented Russian foreign agents in this country as fervently as Americans did the communists back in the day! :]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
If they go on like this, we should put America in a crate again.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 25, 2017 at 2:56 am)Luckie Wrote: No but I wish we'd hunt undocumented Russian foreign agents in this country as fervently as Americans did the communists back in the day! :]

No need to go all McCarthy and hunt them. It's entirely sufficient if POTUS and entourage don't actively help them.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(May 25, 2017 at 12:08 am)ignoramus Wrote: 1]   I think, therefore I am one with my physcal mind

Sartre says that the I that thinks may not be the same as the I that is. Maybe he was out of his mind...

(May 25, 2017 at 9:06 am)Alex K Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 12:08 am)ignoramus Wrote: 1]   I think, therefore I am one with my physcal mind

Sartre says that the I that thinks may not be the same as the I that is. Maybe he was out of his mind...

Check my sig

[/thread]
Sum ergo sum

2]  My thought experiences are not physical, therefore I am out of my mind

3]  My consciousness is on loan to me from a divine source and shall be returned one day

4]  Trump has on good conscious taken on the presidency to make America great again.

Only one can be true ....Choose wisely...

Nah 2) and 4) go together quite nicely. Especially if by "on good conscious" you mean " on good conscience" and by "I am out of my mind" you mean "I am batshit fucking mental." Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consciousness Rayaan 2 988 February 19, 2013 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox