Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comey Testimony
Comey Testimony
It seems that the case against Trump is going to be ignored based on semantics.

Trump supposedly stated, "I hope you can let this go." as opposed to "I order you to let this go."

Seriously, these idiots.

Trump needed the cloud of the investigation lifted from over his head so that he could focus on more important things. Like what, golfing?

"Your word against the president's. There's no way to corroborate this." That right there informs me this is a bogus hearing that is leading absolutely nowhere.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Comey Testimony
That does seem to be two pretty different statements.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I can look at someone the right way and state, "I hope you can let this go" with the implication of the look that I actually mean "I order you to let this go."
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Republicunts are capable of ignoring anything they wish to ignore.

For example - "I hope you can let this go..... " and then firing him when he didn't.  THAT takes a big pair of brass balls to overlook.
a certain turbulent priest was mentioned,

tee hee !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And Loretta Lynch takes another drubbing . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Comey Testimony
(June 8, 2017 at 10:53 am)Lutrinae Wrote: It seems that the case against Trump is going to be ignored based on semantics.

Trump supposedly stated, "I hope you can let this go." as opposed to "I order you to let this go."

Seriously, these idiots.

Trump needed the cloud of the investigation lifted from over his head so that he could focus on more important things. Like what, golfing?

"Your word against the president's. There's no way to corroborate this." That right there informs me this is a bogus hearing that is leading absolutely nowhere.

No kidding. I suppose, "I hope" could be interpreted as innocuous and not a directive...except that he FIRED the guy for not complying...[emoji19]

Also, anyone else think John McCain has gone senile? I'm not even being snarky. He seemed to be experiencing some comprehension roadblock regarding the difference between the Hilary/email investigation and the trump/Russia investigation. Not to mention, he referred to Trump as 'president Comey' like...three times. Isn't he almost 90? Time to hang his hat and move on to feeding the birds off his back porch if you ask me...

A confirmed serial liar's word against the word of an experienced, well-respected, DOJ employee. *gasp*. How could one ever possibly come to a reasonable conclusion about who is telling the truth? [emoji849]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Lol @CapnAwesome

So long as there is a possible way to interpret a sentence out of context, you'll take that road. Never mind the rest of the clues as to what the sentence means.

You also have to ignore what Comey himself felt the repeated expressions of "hope" were a big enough deal to request that he never be left alone with the President of the Fucking United States. He wasn't afraid of Trump. He wanted witnesses.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 8, 2017 at 10:59 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: That does seem to be two pretty different statements.

THE WLB has never told the truth in his fucking life.
It's bullshit but he probably will escape the noose again. To me both phrases means the same in the context of a official or non-official. If I said to you "I hope you will sell me drugs", or "You will sell me drugs", does either of those statements not reach the same conclusion that I want you to sell me drugs? If they have senses left, they will do something about it or potentially be screwed in the next election. It's a well know fact that generally admitting your a Trump supporter is something that is considered unwise. Even bring up the topic is considered bad manners in many social circles. So, he will keep fucking up, till even people that did like him will start to want to steer away from the subject.

The real question is, do we forgive them when they see reason, or do we remind them of the consequences of their actions?
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cohen's testimony Fake Messiah 12 1445 February 28, 2019 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Neither Trump nor Comey lied; the media is to blame Foxaèr 2 1313 June 9, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist