Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texan and Atheist
Texan and Atheist
I've never been good at introducing myself, so I'll keep it short and basic. If you want to know more than I post here, just ask me.

I'm 22 (for a couple of months anyway), I have been an Atheist for the majority of my life (didn't give a rat's ass for the rest of it), and I live in Texas.

It's nice to have found this place, I hope I will be of some use. Big Grin Whether I am or not, I've enjoyed the threads I've read so far and look forward to jumping in when I can. So, howdy from Tejas, I look forward to getting to know everyone.
RE: Texan and Atheist
Welcome to you from the nearly-as-incomprehensible state of NC!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome from the badass Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
(October 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm)Rika Wrote: I've never been good at introducing myself, so I'll keep it short and basic. If you want to know more than I post here, just ask me.

I'm 22 (for a couple of months anyway), I have been an Atheist for the majority of my life (didn't give a rat's ass for the rest of it), and I live in Texas.

It's nice to have found this place, I hope I will be of some use. Big Grin Whether I am or not, I've enjoyed the threads I've read so far and look forward to jumping in when I can. So, howdy from Tejas, I look forward to getting to know everyone.

You mean you're an atheist AND you live in Texas? And you haven't been stoned by the Texas government or mob yet?
Hmm... well... welcome to the home of Blasphemy and Sin.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Welcome
Welcome from good, old secular NY!!! Tongue
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Welcome from Catholic Ohio! Er, wait, we might be Amish... I have no fucking idea...
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(October 5, 2010 at 3:42 pm)chasm Wrote: Welcome from Catholic Ohio! Er, wait, we might be Amish... I have no fucking idea...

Big Grin My father (some form of eastern european protestant) and my Jewish mother had no idea what Ohio was either (maybe that's why she moved to California in the first place)... does the rest of Ohio even know?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome! An atheist Texan? A glimmer of hope or the last spark of sanity?
(October 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm)Rika Wrote: I've never been good at introducing myself, so I'll keep it short and basic. If you want to know more than I post here, just ask me.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you been over to threadgills to hang out with the AETV crew? If i get to the states while they're still running that'll be a must Smile