Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But "Springtime for Hitler" Was Funny
But "Springtime for Hitler" Was Funny
This is a tragedy.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...ump-215259

Quote: ‘Trump Is What Happens When a Political Party Abandons Ideas’

As surprising as Trump’s young presidency has been, it’s also the natural outgrowth of 30 years of Republican pandering to the lowest common denominator in American politics.
Quote:Needless to say, I was as dumbfounded by the election results as Max Bialystock was by the success of “Springtime for Hitler.” For two months after Trump won, I couldn’t read any news about the election, and considered abandoning political commentary permanently. It wasn’t just that Trump disgusted me; I was disgusted with myself for being so stupid. I no longer trusted my own powers of observation and analysis.

A former Reagan aide's horror at the WLB.
RE: But "Springtime for Hitler" Was Funny
. . . that he himself helped loose upon the world !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

see, he was enraptured by Trump's awfulness and endeavored to use it against the 'pubs for his own ends, that is, to reform the party, not to crystalize it in it's awfulness.

He failed to notice, however, that the dems had already crystalized in their awfulness . . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Personally, I think it's more like Dostoevsky's The Demons.

Of course, this time, the Nihilists have allied with the conservatives, and they've won. Of course, having the least charitable billionaire on earth prey on the previously unspoken fears of an increasingly radicalised base certainly helps with that.

That said, remembering that bit about Shigalyovism, it seems like the Nihilists in that book may have been less monstrous than the Republican Party has been lately. Mitch McConnell is looking at the "90% of the population enslaved so the remaining 10% can flourish" and thinking "Only Ninety percent?"
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Didn't the dems play the LCD card also, they just lost?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3274 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  It's funny how the right loves to dish it, but can't take it GODZILLA 3 494 October 22, 2018 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  This is Funny Coming From A Rebel Klansman Like Sessions Minimalist 51 6682 March 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Too Funny, But Too True Minimalist 3 1111 May 30, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Sort of Funny. Minimalist 0 510 May 13, 2017 at 3:09 pm
  Yet Another Reason Why Trump Is Scarily Like Hitler Edwardo Piet 13 1642 November 9, 2016 at 9:56 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Funny political video. Jehanne 7 2108 November 3, 2016 at 12:51 pm
  Too funny! Minimalist 6 961 October 27, 2016 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Divinity
  This struck me as hysterically funny... BrianSoddingBoru4 1 645 August 17, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Adolf Hitler misunderstood Safirno 32 3134 July 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus