Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Reason Why Trump Is Scarily Like Hitler
Yet Another Reason Why Trump Is Scarily Like Hitler
Yet another reason why Trump is scarily like Hitler.

The following is from an article called "Early Warnings: How American Journalists Reported the Rise of Hitler". It's an interview.

Adolf Hitler, like Donald Trump, was seen as a clown:

Quote:Andrew Nagorski, author of the new book Hitlerland, discusses the way Americans saw -- and wrote about -- the early days of the Third Reich.

["]What did Americans think of Hitler when they first met him in the 1920s and 1930s? You write that some of them burst out laughing at his shrill voice and jerky hand movements and refused to take him seriously.["]

That's true. In fact, some of the first people who met him did take him quite seriously. Truman Smith, who was a junior military attaché in the 1920s, came away from meeting Hitler and said, "This is a marvelous demagogue who can really inspire loyalty." It was the same with Karl von Wiegand, a Hearst correspondent who was the first American journalist to interview Hitler back in 1922. He was struck by Hitler's oratorical skills and his ability to whip people into a frenzy.

Then you had this period after the Beer Hall Putsch where Hitler came out of prison and a lot of people had forgotten about him. After the Great Depression hit, suddenly the Nazi Party became a major contender for power. Yet you had Americans meeting Hitler and saying, "This guy is a clown. He's like a caricature of himself." And a lot of them went through this whole litany about how even if Hitler got into a position of power, other German politicians would somehow be able to control him. A lot of German politicians believed this themselves.

My emphasis.

source

Scary.
RE: Yet Another Reason Why Trump Is Scarily Like Hitler
Yes, all well and good, but what does that actually say on Trump? Not Trump is scarily like Hitler (these comparisons almost always are stupid), the voters simply fall for the same kind of bullshittery they fell for in the early 30ies under similar economical circumstances. Scapegoats instead of concepts and some nationalism to make them feel great in their tiny little lives. Not only in the USA but all over Europe as well. The only thing I remotely compare to Hitler's rise to power is the constant mantra of he won't do what he says. As if? Why won't he do it once in power? He ran on that ticket, after all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Thank gawd for the separation of powers, hey? At least we can count on congress executing their over-sight function with integrity. And if Trump goes over the line I'm sure the supreme court they pick will reign them in.

Instead of a I'm-with-her t shirt I need one that says I-live-with-these-idiots.
He also seems to see Mexicans and Muslims in a fairly similar way to how Hitler saw the Jews.

Sure he's nowhere near as bad as Hitler, he doesn't want to exterminate all the Muslims and Mexicans, but he's pretty fucking bad. Worst president America has ever had by a long, long way... I just hope he isn't allowed to become the tyrant he ones to be.

I don't think the comparison is completely invalid. I think it's rather a matter of degree.
(November 9, 2016 at 9:03 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: He also seems to see Mexicans and Muslims in a fairly similar way to how Hitler saw the Jews.

They all have their scapegoats of popular demand. In the case of the US it's Mexicans and muslims. In Europe it's only muslims. What all these Hitler analysts fail to see is that Hitler was just another populous politician. Of course others of that kind show some commonalities with him. But that's only because they use the same tools.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Hitler was more competent than Trump. He could read for a start.
They also both have/had incredibly small penises,

Both hung like gnats apparently.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
(November 9, 2016 at 9:15 am)Mathilda Wrote: Hitler was more competent than Trump. He could read for a start.

^^^^^^^^^^
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 9, 2016 at 9:15 am)Mathilda Wrote: Hitler was more competent than Trump. He could read for a start.

Not sure whether that's a good thing or not. Both stupidity and malicious intelligence can be dangerous.
(November 9, 2016 at 9:14 am)abaris Wrote: They all have their scapegoats of popular demand. In the case of the US it's Mexicans and muslims. In Europe it's only muslims.

Muslims and "Pakis" here in the UK.

Racism is so fucking disgusting, it makes me sick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 19734 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1285 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9888 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4118 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2153 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1025 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1240 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1949 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  Trump's Wall (A momentary lapse of reason) sammiedee 23 1635 June 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3273 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger