Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was the Romanov family executed?
Why was the Romanov family executed?
I am at a loss with what occurred during the Russian Revolution. Part of me thinks it was good a monarchy was overthrown, but at the same time something just as bad or even worse followed it. However, I recently learned tonight while watching a documentary on the Russian Revolution that the Romanov family was brought into a room at midnight at executed by multiple gunmen. Even their children!!! 

I never knew this. And yes, you cannot ignore history. But when I saw this in the documentary it literally broke my heart. 

I do understand that Lenin's older brother was executed by this regime, but damn. This was a tough pill to swallow.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why was the Romanov family executed?
As long as any one of them were alive, they could attract supporters to put things back the way they were, an existential threat to a regime that was known for paranoia.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The whole family had an unhealthy obsession with stroganoff.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The Trump monarchy should be dealt with in a similar way.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 12, 2017 at 9:57 am)Lutrinae Wrote: The Trump monarchy should be dealt with in a similar way.

And just like that this entire site moved up on the terror watch list! haha  Tongue

As long as a Romanov lived, there was an heir to the "throne" that had been vacated by revolution. I'm a pretty big fan of revolts, especially when it comes to monarchy. However, I agree that the extermination of the Romanov family was brutal and unnecessary. They were already in a sort of guarded exile, which would have sufficed. Moreover, Nicholas II wasn't exactly a charismatic leader who could've easily undone the revolution. From what I've read about him, he was sort of ineffective. Everything with his child and that horrible fraud his wife let into the family is just sad. The execution just cemented their place as the saddest royal family in Russian history.
(July 12, 2017 at 10:26 am)Shell B Wrote: As long as a Romanov lived, there was an heir to the "throne" that had been vacated by revolution. I'm a pretty big fan of revolts, especially when it comes to monarchy. However, I agree that the extermination of the Romanov family was brutal and unnecessary. They were already in a sort of guarded exile, which would have sufficed. Moreover, Nicholas II wasn't exactly a charismatic leader who could've easily undone the revolution. From what I've read about him, he was sort of ineffective. Everything with his child and that horrible fraud his wife let into the family is just sad. The execution just cemented their place as the saddest royal family in Russian history.

It is absolutely incredible and very tragic. I have looked at the pictures of everyone in the family, and just for some reason this one of Anastasia is just chilling for some reason. She was only 17! Her younger brother was only 13. 

[Image: Grand_Duchess_Anastasia_Nikolaevna_Crisc...emoved.jpg]

(July 12, 2017 at 6:57 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I am at a loss with what occurred during the Russian Revolution. Part of me thinks it was good a monarchy was overthrown, but at the same time something just as bad or even worse followed it. However, I recently learned tonight while watching a documentary on the Russian Revolution that the Romanov family was brought into a room at midnight at executed by multiple gunmen. Even their children!!! 

I never knew this. And yes, you cannot ignore history. But when I saw this in the documentary it literally broke my heart. 

I do understand that Lenin's older brother was executed by this regime, but damn. This was a tough pill to swallow.

Funny you should mention this. My mom had an engagement ring and  throughout my life she told me was taken off dead royalty. My mom's adoptive family has Swiss roots and they had a hand in those events. I will not claim it is true, and didn't know herself which aristocracy it was. Since her death I sent the ring back to my aunt. But the prospect however unlikely does fill the imagination.

I agree however, even in war, after you have the drop on the other, and they cant get away, taking it out on kids especially is disgusting. But we see that kind of brutality in male lions and zebras. They can detect the pheromones of rival's offspring and will murder the young to insure only their genes get passed on. 

Goebbles is another example all be it self inflicted. Ok asshole, you lost the war, but why the fuck did you murder your own kids?
Damn, I could come home to this every night and make sweet sweet pervo love to this gorgeous man !!!

Jesus fucking Christ, I'd carry his baby !!!

[Image: l.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

He may not have been bright, but he was a handsome fella.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Onme thing about my family history I'm really proud of abaris 7 2238 August 18, 2015 at 5:56 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Family History: In Honor of the Derailed Mormon Thread Jenny A 7 2981 August 7, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: vorlon13