Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The House Joins The Senate
The House Joins The Senate
They will present the WLB with a bill he will absolutely hate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/po...ss&emc=rss

Quote:Congress Reaches Deal on Russia Sanctions, Creating Tough Choice for Trump

Quote:The new legislation sharply limits the president’s ability to suspend or terminate the sanctions. At a moment when investigations into the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian officials have cast a shadow over his presidency, Mr. Trump could soon face a bleak decision: veto the bill — and fuel accusations that he is doing the bidding of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — or sign legislation imposing sanctions his administration abhors.

This is an invitation for the WLB to blow Putin out his ass.
RE: The House Joins The Senate
Quote:This is an invitation for the WLB to blow Putin out his ass.

He will cave then pretend he didn't . With a lot of chest pounding .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I suspect he'll sign, then tout it as another of his 'legislative accomplishments'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Will Putin threaten to release the Pee Pee Tape?
It's stuff like this that gives me a slight glimmer of hope that the Republican party at some level cares very strongly about whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, and would not let him fire Mueller or pardon his family / campaign members without some form of consequence.
Hmm . .

As exKGB, I'm assuming Putin is rather atheistical so do we need to ponder the bigger picture ?

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I just read that story on NY Times website. Maybe Trump has personally pissed off so many members of Congress that they're coming to their senses.
Cynical me says Trump will sign the bill then do something behind the scenes with Vlady to ensure Russia's oligarchs don't feel the full effects of the sanctions.

-Teresa
(July 22, 2017 at 7:52 pm)Tiberius Wrote: It's stuff like this that gives me a slight glimmer of hope that the Republican party at some level cares very strongly about whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, and would not let him fire Mueller or pardon his family / campaign members without some form of consequence.

It's reasonable to assume that most of them are not as crazy as he is.  The thing is that he is such a loose cannon he can do a lot of damage before congress could get its head out of its ass.

I personally feel that they would love any excuse to replace him with Pence.  Pence is the kind of criminal, jesus-freak, bastard that the GOP can really relate to.
(July 22, 2017 at 7:52 pm)Tiberius Wrote: It's stuff like this that gives me a slight glimmer of hope that the Republican party at some level cares very strongly about whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, and would not let him fire Mueller or pardon his family / campaign members without some form of consequence.

You undoubtedly also had a glimmer of hope that withholding support from clinton on account of sanders would not have led to trump in the whitehouse.

The republicans would under absolutely no circumstances do anything to meaningfully censure trump or his family precisely because they live in terror of the possibility that trump might retaliate by not selecting the right neanderthals for the next Supreme Court opening.

(July 22, 2017 at 7:54 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: I just read that story on NY Times website. Maybe Trump has personally pissed off so many members of Congress that they're coming to their senses.
Cynical me says Trump will sign the bill then do something behind the scenes with Vlady to ensure Russia's oligarchs don't feel the full effects of the sanctions.

-Teresa

So long as the republicans feel trump can be counted on to deliver 2 more Supreme Court seats the republicans wouldn't care if it is certain knowledge that trump intends to offer unconditional surrender to Moscow on the day after.
Pence would appoint the same kind of neanderthal asswipes to the court.  No difference there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Senate Trial has started. Brian37 95 3287 February 15, 2021 at 7:22 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 611 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3737 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 362 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2138 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6196 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1318 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The White House, an adult daycare center. Jehanne 3 844 October 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Unless The Senate Blocks This Piece Of Shit Bill. Minimalist 18 8610 October 8, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The White House meets Westeros Foxaèr 2 515 July 16, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr