Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Pence casts deciding vote to advance Trumpcare
Mike Pence casts deciding vote to advance Trumpcare
Quote:Donald Trump’s own Vice President cast the deciding vote to advance Trumpcare in the United States Senate.

Serving in his role as President of the Senate, Vice President Mike Pence controlled the gavel in the Senate and cast the tie-breaking vote on a Motion to Proceed, that allows the full senate to take up Trumpcare.

The only two Republicans to vote against the motion were Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

“The Vice President votes in the affirmative and the motion carries,” Pence said as the motion passed 51-50.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/mike-pen...trumpcare/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Mike Pence casts deciding vote to advance Trumpcare
Quite a jolt when the protesters started with "Kill the bill !!"
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

WooooHoooo!!!!!!
(July 25, 2017 at 3:38 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
Quote:Donald Trump’s own Vice President cast the deciding vote to advance Trumpcare in the United States Senate.

Serving in his role as President of the Senate, Vice President Mike Pence controlled the gavel in the Senate and cast the tie-breaking vote on a Motion to Proceed, that allows the full senate to take up Trumpcare.

The only two Republicans to vote against the motion were Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

“The Vice President votes in the affirmative and the motion carries,” Pence said as the motion passed 51-50.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/mike-pen...trumpcare/

Wait, this is only to debate it, not to pass it?
It has not been passed there only debating it. They have not passed it and never will because they have no real plan . And even if they do Trump will have passed a highly unpopular widely disliked bill .Well I guess even failure is success according to Republicans .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

It's good to live in Europe. This is crazy...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 25, 2017 at 5:03 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: It has not been passed there only debating it. They have not passed it and never will because they have no real plan . And even if they do Trump will have passed a highly unpopular widely disliked bill .Well I guess even failure is success according to Republicans .

That's what I thought. GOP are a bunch of fucking idiots. The repeated attempts over the years are making them look bad, if they repeal it, they will get their asses handed to them in 18. If they don't repeal it they will lose their base in 18 so either way they are going to get hurt in 18. We flip one or both of the houses that will make 45 a lame duck in his first term and far easier to beat in 2020 if he makes it that far.
This is going nowhere without at least some bipartisan support. Make it appeal to the so-called freedom caucus, you lose the moderates, appeal to the freedom caucus and you lose the moderates. Not to mention that under rules of parliamentary procedure, they can't pass it as a budget reconciliation without stripping the bill beyond recognition. As-is they need 60 votes.

A straight up repeal ain't happening either.

This do-nothing Congress and executive branch is pathetic and knows not how to govern, though I'm thrilled their toxic agenda is stalled.
(July 25, 2017 at 5:15 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: This is going nowhere without at least some bipartisan support.  Make it appeal to the so-called freedom caucus, you lose the moderates, appeal to the freedom caucus and you lose the moderates.  Not to mention that under rules of parliamentary procedure, they can't pass it as a budget reconciliation without stripping the bill beyond recognition.  As-is they need 60 votes.

A straight up repeal ain't happening either.

This do-nothing Congress and executive branch is pathetic and knows not how to govern, though I'm thrilled their toxic agenda is stalled.

The GOP shit their pants because a black guy became president and this is what it really is all about. For Trump he's just being a vindictive dick because Obama picked on him to his face at the press conference dinner. 

The GOP are nothing but petty spiteful assholes.
(July 25, 2017 at 5:04 pm)Alex K Wrote: It's good to live in Europe. This is crazy...

Pfft.  You only say that because, when you hurt yourself, you go straight to the doctor without stopping to re-mortgage your house.

Nice, innit?  Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4258 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4717 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pence LinuxGal 2 508 November 17, 2022 at 5:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3036 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1420 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 916 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7737 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1306 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 721 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 2928 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time