Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supposed Int design proof
Supposed Int design proof
I think you guys may find this interesting.

A lady I used to work for a long time ago is a very devout christian, sudo creationist, a bit all over the road.  

She sends me internet links from time to time that claim to show proof of religious ideas.  The latest one she sent me is pretty good.

She states that geocentrism (earth is center of universe) has been scientifically proven by the CMB (cosmic microwave background) alignment known as the "axis of evil"
Because the earth has a special place in the universe (center is special?) this is the long sought after scientifically documented proof of a creator. (or at least intelligent design/manipulation of the universe) 

So i do a little google research on the subject. 

Information on the subject is pretty easy to find but a lot harder to understand, in a nutshell the universe seems to be lined up on the plain of earths rotation of the sun.  
Putting our solar system at the center of the universe.

There are potential problems pointed out about collection of data, processing, background radiation contamination of data.  Some creationist who lean on this data say that these problems are mainly drummed up by scientists who are completely unwilling to give up their world view.

in defense of the religious clingers.  

I understand why individuals would defend scientific theories that they have invested a lot of time/energy into, but it seems to me that there would be other scientists who would jump at the chance to review the data, point out potential errors and gain a little of the sunshine so to speak.  I am not sure why this has not happened.

I personally think that there is some sort of problem with the collection of data.  I wonder if the data collection were performed on (or in orbit around) a different planet in a different solar system if the data would give similar results (that the new location is also the center of the universe).

this article is pretty informative.  I admit that some of the science is over my head, and i take it at face value.
The CMB Axis of Evil and the Nature of Randomness

he talks about some of the potential problems with the CMB axis of evil proof.

I guess until this theory is fully debunked by pear reviewed science, my kooky friend may have some real evidence on her hands.
RE: Supposed Int design proof
There is a difference between "center of the universe" and "center of the solar system".

All theists have done is changed their earlier "center of the solar system" bullshit to "center of the universe" as a bigger, more ridiculous "haha, see, we were right" pile of shit.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
being at the apparent center of the universe is a characteristic of pretty much anywhere you're going to be in the universe.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAARFFFFFFFFF!

"Interested"? In what way? 

I can say that I never get tired of all the different ways theists try to put lipstick on a pig. But no, not interested in giving these arguments any serious consideration. 

When you really are onto something, nothing beats a lab if you want to prove it.
The Earth is the centre of the universe if you happen to be standing on it.  If you're taking your holidays on Mars, then Mars becomes the centre of the universe.  If you find yourself in a platoon of Space Marines, warring to wrest Skluppidion IV from the invading Blerks Of Rhestomine, then Skluppidion IV is the centre of the Universe.

Nothing special about Earth, it seems.

Boru

(edit: posted this before I saw vorlon's post.  Sorry, v.  All credit to vorlon!!)
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 28, 2017 at 5:29 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: being at the apparent center of the universe is a characteristic of pretty much anywhere you're going to be in the universe.

That was determined recently with modern science, not old mythology.

Nothing in the bible demonstrates modern formulas as to why QM and space/time puts it at point of view.

Back then humans thought the earth was the center of the solar system. So since they had no understanding of that apologists today who try to argue that are retrofitting after the fact because the writers didn't have any fucking clue back then.
You guys are missing the point here.

This is a peer reviewed scientifically valid position that states the earth at the center of the Universe.
This is not the usual pseudo science, drivel that typically come from the creation wacko's.  
As a matter of fact the people who made this discovery went as far as to name the supposed cosmic axis "The Axis of Evil" because it made no sense given what is typically believed about the nature of the universe.

I am sure that eventually this is going to be disproved, but yet it still stands today with only speculation as to the weird results.

To me that is what is interesting.

And to be clear they are referring to the universe as a whole not the apparent universe which is a 13.5 (aprox) billion light year sphere around the earth (this is how far we can currently see due to the constraints of light years)
Do none of the examples of unintelligent design count? I mean, by definition you'd only need one to tear down the entire thing, so...
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 28, 2017 at 9:30 pm)Hammok Man Wrote: You guys are missing the point here.

I think you are missing their point. This contradicts far too many peer-reviewed scientific discoveries. It sounds completely bogus.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Haven't the rest of you figured it out yet? 

I AM THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE! EVERY THING REVOLVES AROUND ME.

The sooner you accept this the happier my life will be.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.