Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving on.
Moving on.
I'm going to take a hiatus from the forums for a while. I don't know how long... a couple of weeks or so, probably. AtheistForums.org has become quite an unpleasant place lately and I think I need to step away before I begin posting things that I regret.

There has been an influx of theists with even more condescending arrogance and rampant ignorance than usual and there doesn't seem to be anything anyone can do to bitch slap any sense into them. The threads aren't even fun and/or interesting to read anymore. No offense to the long standing theist members. A few of you know that I actually like you and enjoy the discussions you take part in.

Of course, there will always be asshole theists that come along, stir shit up, and piss people off with their overwhelming stupidity, but lately it seems that even some of the so-called 'atheists' are full of arrogant and aggressive condescension toward anyone that disagrees with them (you all know which people I mean). It's simply... unpleasant... and has caused me to nearly stop posting entirely of late. At least in the past, we were allowed to call them out on their idiocy and ridicule those that deserved it until they left with their tails between their legs... but that is no longer allowed... and so they stick around and stink the place up.

With a few exceptions, the bulk of the membership here has been replaced by a new group, which is natural, but I find that I do not even enjoy reading the forums anymore. Maybe if people could get banned for being assholes, things would improve... but that's not going to happen and the assholes are going to continue to ruin the community... at least in my opinion.

So... see you guys at a future date, I hope. Maybe by then the 'unpleasant ones' will have gotten bored and moved on. Until then... I'm off to find something more fun to do with my time.
RE: Moving on.
Well, I'll miss you Paul.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
Stop being a baby Paul Wink
Wow, you're all dropping like flies. As a staff member can you not affect some change? Anyway, hope you return Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Damn, I like you. Shake Fist

This forum has always been full of arrogance Wink
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
I don't blame you for taking a break. I do it once in a while. Sometimes the stupidity is that great that it's unbearable. Do come back. When you are ready, you come back! The forum won't even look the same without you.

I had to bite my tongue a few times and hold back from calling them a number of things. I tend to avoid the stress and annoyance by ignoring the really stupid ones. Those who tend to be dumber than most. Creationists for example.

I might soon take a break from stupid people on here. At the moment I'm just laughing at their arguments. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Ugh. Sad I can't argue with your sentiments. It seems there is a lot of arrogance around here. Crap, I can't think of what else to say. I like you. Come back fast.
(October 14, 2010 at 5:01 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: There has been an influx of theists with even more condescending arrogance and rampant ignorance than usual

I always thought arrogance and condescension benefits the opposition.

Quote:There has been an influx of theists with even more condescending arrogance and rampant ignorance than usual and there doesn't seem to be anything anyone can do to bitch slap any sense into them.

I agree,that's why I suggested a fantasy Island. My position remains unchanged; believers should not be permitted on Atheist forums at all,period.

I'm sorry you're going,but understand. I've been busy looking for a forum as good as this one. I've found two.When I go,it will be by getting banned for saying unkind things to some of our more irritating theists.Cool Shades
(October 14, 2010 at 7:08 pm)padraic Wrote: My position remains unchanged; believers should not be permitted on Atheist forums at all,period.

What a fucking boring forum that would be. You can dream of a place where there is nothing but patting each other on the back if you like, but that sounds fucking lame to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Up and moving BrokenQuill92 9 1869 July 28, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  We might be moving to Germany! Aroura 110 15731 July 6, 2017 at 1:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Moving Soon... wolf39us 17 2968 October 1, 2014 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Moving Out! BrokenQuill92 31 5995 May 15, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Moving Illusions Gooders1002 1 962 December 10, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Walking Void