Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I get that, I just don't accept it"
"I get that, I just don't accept it"
Do you have some of those things that you understand why someone would do but you just don't accept or necessarily approve of it?

Like say, for myself, I get that some people would consciously foster nonsensical beliefs for comfort, you know? I get that. I just don't approve of it but I still get it.
RE: "I get that, I just don't accept it"
You mean non religious woo?

Like, apart from conspiracy theorists?

What's left? personal harmless quircky things? Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If you mean when people harbor opinions based on sentiments that are knowingly not reasons then yes. You see this with the religious and their claim to use faith as a means of belief yet will in many cases admit to lacking evidence or rational reasons to belief. A lot of people do this with political choices as well and usually tie them to identity or trivial choices yet the only reason they have such voting habits is the unquestioned faith in the party as an extension of one's own character.
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
"Organic" Food
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Like taking back a whoring wife who's creepazoid boyfriend murdered your daughter and despite her (false) exculpatory testimony the bastard was still convicted and sentenced to 10 to 20 and she's all lonely now and wants to come back ??

Heard that at 12 Steppers back in the 80s. I was in a tiny minority that couldn't work up any support for doing that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 1, 2017 at 1:39 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: "Organic" Food

Even worse! Vegans! They've lost the will to live!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The willful and deliberate consumption of pizza. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Public masturbation.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
You've been scarce HN? You off on good behaviour!?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 1, 2017 at 6:07 am)ignoramus Wrote: You've been scarce HN? You off on good behaviour!?

I've been around, lurking. I haven't been posting much over the past few months, because I haven't had much to say.
Not sure why... I'm probably depressed, or at least - more depressed than usual.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I no longer accept social distancing. onlinebiker 11 1219 April 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1148 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3914 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2137 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity