Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styx and stones well just Styx......
Styx and stones well just Styx......
On top of lots of music I love and remember from my teen years. Styx "Paradise Theater" had the colored graphics on the standard black vinyl LP reflecting the outside album cover. Styx was one of my early introductions to harder rock. In the 70s I was more into pop and disco. Here is one of my favorite songs. 

RE: Styx and stones well just Styx......
First ABBA and now Styx? You're killin' me, dude. This penchant for schmaltz!

I'll give anyone 3-1 that Brian also likes Celine Dion.

I was a fan in the 70's and 80's - but AFAIK, "Styx" and "harder rock" don't belong in the same sentence with out an "is not" between them. Tongue
(August 4, 2017 at 4:28 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I was a fan in the 70's and 80's - but AFAIK, "Styx" and "harder rock" don't belong in the same sentence with out an "is not" between them. Tongue

Pretty much this. Styx was progressive on day one. By the time the 80's rolled around they were full blown pop.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Stones way more than Styx. Honestly I never really noticed them.
Heavy Metal Poisoning will always hold a special place in my heart, managed to land a hottie in the sack, had some [redacted] and we were fucking like horny rabbits all night, and lo and behold, HMP was played, more than once, to great effect.

Sex and drugs, sex and drugs AND ROCK AND ROLL !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

BTW, I had never seen the music video version of it before tonite.

Oh, my!! That one sure sucks, don't it ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 4, 2017 at 4:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: First ABBA and now Styx? You're killin' me, dude. This penchant for schmaltz!

I look forward to his inevitable story about attending a metal festival and how cool it was when that Little River Band concert broke out.

As long as he likes old Commodores stuff more than Lionel Ritchie solo trash, I'll settle. Otherwise, I'm afraid he'll be dead to me.
(August 4, 2017 at 4:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: First ABBA and now Styx? You're killin' me, dude. This penchant for schmaltz!

And you would lose that bet. I don't hate her, but I am not into her music.

And what would be wrong with someone liking Celine Dion? My Redneck friend from Oklahoma loves her. I don't listen to her music but some people do.

Not obligated to only like what you like.
(August 5, 2017 at 11:41 am)Brian37 Wrote: My Redneck friend from Oklahoma loves her.

How is HBA doing these days, Brian?

This thread does bring up an interesting point though. Can anyone draw lines between blues rock, hard rock, and metal? Sure some stuff is obviously blues rock, but hard rock has a lot of blues influence. The line between hard rock and metal can be pretty fuzzy sometimes too. Can one of our more musically inclined members come up with a clear difference between these genres?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rolling Stones or Beatles A Theist 21 6197 January 9, 2011 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused