Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The History of Heavy Metal in Michigan
The History of Heavy Metal in Michigan
After talking with members from a few different bands from Michigan, some of them from the 80's, I've been able to piece together a decent, somewhat competent video on the metal scene here, and the history behind it. It was originally for an internet magazine, but nothing seemed to have come of that, so I figured I'd give you this knowledge on YouTube. I got tired of searching for the history of Metal in Michigan and coming up empty handed, so I decided to find out for myself so that you won't come up empty handed in your searches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8bzgoJ3CcQ

RE: The History of Heavy Metal in Michigan
I've got to start paying attention to which fora a topic is posted to . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'll watch in the next few days when I'm not burning my phone's wifi. Needs to have "Journey to the Center of the Mind", though.

Would you call Frigid Pink heavy metal?
(August 7, 2017 at 10:32 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Would you call Frigid Pink heavy metal?

They're getting there, no doubt. Not nearly outre enough in attitude, but musically they were getting there.

Kinda disappointing that you show the intro to Detroit Rock City, but don't actually play it. Was it due to rights issues or a desire to focus more on the actual Detroit rockers?

Also, I find it disappointing that you give 70s metal short shrift, especially with Iggy Pop (Raw Power was damn metal for its time) and Alice Cooper coming out of Michigan, and that, somehow, you put a guy who plays folk songs and "Nice and Easy" on a nylon-string guitar in the same goddam category as the previous two.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(August 7, 2017 at 11:58 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Kinda disappointing that you show the intro to Detroit Rock City, but don't actually play it. Was it due to rights issues or a desire to focus more on the actual Detroit rockers?

Also, I find it disappointing that you give 70s metal short shrift, especially with Iggy Pop (Raw Power was damn metal for its time) and Alice Cooper coming out of Michigan, and that, somehow, you put a guy who plays folk songs and "Nice and Easy" on a nylon-string guitar in the same goddam category as the previous two.

Yeah, it was because of rights as well as wanting to keep the focus on the history.

lol I was just mentioning the 60's and 70's rockers. I brushed past them because they weren't technically metal, except maybe Alice Cooper.

I also noticed a few mistakes that I made with the pictures of the band. Like, with Repulsion and Nightkin.
And here I fixed those mistakes.

https://youtu.be/uthD5FRrGGc
Yeah I'm not a Metal fan but out of my love for Lucifer I am naturally drawn to Matel... um I mean Metal.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metal stuff Alex K 39 7848 April 15, 2017 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Joods
  Who all here enjoys some good ol' Metal? Mechaghostman2 74 8376 May 2, 2016 at 2:52 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Metal and Hard Rock discussion thread Alex K 116 15245 July 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Revival of Favorite Metal Song Thread HeyItsZeus 114 33025 November 14, 2011 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
Music Favorite Metal Song HeyItsZeus 38 11102 April 15, 2011 at 11:19 am
Last Post: DiRNiS
  The Map of Metal Paul the Human 0 1030 December 7, 2010 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Paul the Human
  "extreme" metal? Disinter 18 4190 April 12, 2010 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Disinter