Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla actor died.........
Godzilla actor died.........
Those movies scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I still love watching the reruns today. He was 88.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40860365
RE: Godzilla actor died.........
@OP

Impossible, Godzilla was totally real. I saw a documentary back in the 1970's about how he nearly destroyed Tokyo.
(August 8, 2017 at 10:52 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: @DP

Impossible, Godzilla was totally real.   I saw a documentary back in the 1970's about how he nearly destroyed Tokyo.

Damn, you got me, it must be true because it was on film. 

(August 8, 2017 at 10:59 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 10:52 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: @DP

Impossible, Godzilla was totally real.   I saw a documentary back in the 1970's about how he nearly destroyed Tokyo.

Damn, you got me, it must be true because it was on film. 

I know, right? I'm just sayin'.
(August 8, 2017 at 11:05 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 10:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: Damn, you got me, it must be true because it was on film. 

I know, right?  I'm just sayin'.

You woke me up man, thank you, going to be going to church now, I mean, there has to be something to the magic baby stuff because it was claimed in a book.

Actually my favorite Godzilla movies were the ones where he was the good guy fighting other monsters. Same with the very few Tom and Jerry cartoons where they would protect say the baby or the elephant baby. 

But I still liked all of the original movies. They made me want to visit Japan when I was a kid, finally went when I was married. Hope to go back at least one more time before I croak. 

I've teased my X wife about it before, that I wanted to sue Japan for false advertisement. I didn't see any giant lizard when I went there. Fucker was holding out on me.
[Image: 0b076a5e2c83dd8292c5645f32b716c8.jpg]
(August 8, 2017 at 11:32 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: [Image: 0b076a5e2c83dd8292c5645f32b716c8.jpg]

Poor guy, he was totally misunderstood.
Did anyone else think the last Godzilla movie was just awful?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 8, 2017 at 12:03 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Did anyone else think the last Godzilla movie was just awful?

Not just with this series, but I grew up in a time when movies heavily relied on scale models to fool the eye. CG doesn't do that for me that much, unless the entire movie is animated with CG. But I find far too often CG gets so overdone I feel like I should be holding a Xbox controler instead, and I cant get lost in a plot when that happens. 

I still love the old Godzilla movies though.
(August 8, 2017 at 12:03 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Did anyone else think the last Godzilla movie was just awful?

All the 'Murrican G-movies are awful.  We don't get Godzilla.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Godzilla v. Kong, redux. Gawdzilla Sama 1 502 December 5, 2023 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Chuck Berry has died at 90. c172 14 1591 March 20, 2017 at 1:30 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  New Pavel Chekov Actor is Dead AFTT47 13 1826 June 20, 2016 at 8:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Maurice Sendak Died :( Shell B 12 3928 May 8, 2012 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: jess_essential