Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurice Sendak Died :(
Maurice Sendak Died :(
One of my favorite authors from childhood. He was an old guy, but it still sucks. He really was brilliant.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/books/...at-83.html
RE: Maurice Sendak Died :(
He really was, I was actually sad when I heard about it this morning. Sad
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner.
I can provide 2 shoulders to cry on, ladies.
*cries* :p
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner.
on my manly chest *winner*. Don't worry, 5thPervert will make it better Big Grin
Well, that went south fast. Tongue
Funny, though. It is sad that he died, but at least he got a chance to see how amazing the movie was. I don't care what anyone thinks, that movie was fucking genius, and I cried a thousand times. Sad
I loved the film too. A lot of people were pissy because it wasn't a traditional "kids" movie. I like it when films are made that do not essentially talk down to children. Also, one my favorite movie composers did the score, so all win.
The score was wonderful!! I loved the fact that Karen O was on the soundtrack. I know the two are different. The film was wonderful, and I was pleased that it wasn't a run of the mill children's film. We've enough of those, I was very happy with how it turned out. I think I might watch it soon, actually.
I meant Carter Burwell, but Karen O did well.

I'm thinking of watching it myself, but I'm not particularly in the mood for a depressing movie at the moment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Godzilla actor died......... Brian37 10 1461 August 8, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Chuck Berry has died at 90. c172 14 1620 March 20, 2017 at 1:30 am
Last Post: AFTT47