Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck Berry has died at 90.
Chuck Berry has died at 90.
Sad news today for millions of rock and roll fans across the world.  According to the St. Charles County Police Department, legnedary musician Chuck Berry has died. He was 90 years old. 

Police say they responded to a medical emergency on Buckner Road at approximately 12:40 p.m. today (Saturday, March 18). Inside the home, first responders observed an unresponsive man and immediately administered lifesaving techniques. Unfortunately, the 90-year-old man, later identified as Charles Edward Anderson Berry Sr., better known as legendary musician Chuck Berry, could not be revived and was pronounced deceased at 1:26 p.m.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/rock-n-roll-legend-chuck-berry-has-died/423646802

My mother's cousin owns a little eatery in the St. Louis area called Blueberry Hill, and apparently he had a friendship with Berry for years, and had him in maybe once a month to play in the restaurant.

RIP.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Chuck Berry has died at 90.
Wow. I must admit he was one of those cases where I didn't even assume that he was still around.

I still remember my first encounter with Chuck Berry when browsing my parent's vinyl collection when I was about 7 years old...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

damn
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

His perversion aside, this sucks.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I had no idea he was still alive. I'll be off back to my cave then.
Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll!

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
My but that little country boy could play.
The father of rock'n'roll guitar ... there ain't enough thanks to be said to you, Chuck.

If the man had received a royalty payment every time someone ripped off one of his signature riffs, he would have been a trillionaire.

90 years old is a good run, so I don't really feel sad about his death. I'll just duck walk over to the stereo and tremble in awe for a bit.
News report reminded me of this, Chuck Berry's Johnny B Good was included on the Voyager record.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Godzilla actor died......... Brian37 10 1461 August 8, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Maurice Sendak Died :( Shell B 12 3959 May 8, 2012 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: jess_essential