Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Alabama Board of Education Had Best Clean Up Its Act
The Alabama Board of Education Had Best Clean Up Its Act
Or at least get rid of the shitheads on it.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/alabama-...st-scores/

Quote:Alabama state school board member wants to institutionalize special needs students to boost test scores

Quote:A member of the state-wide Alabama Board of Education wanted to know why the state couldn’t force parents to put their special needs children into institutions so that test scores would increase in the schools.

Where do they find these dumbasses.

Oh right.... probably in republicunt churches.
RE: The Alabama Board of Education Had Best Clean Up Its Act
Removing these students will not help.
More funding will not help the scores come up either.

The only thing that can do that is more parent interaction and involvement.
(August 24, 2017 at 5:11 pm)Hammok Man Wrote: Removing these students will not help.

Why? do confederate flag waving, trump voting Alabaman parents have more experience with "education" than their offsprings?
Can these people get any dumber?

Oh, wait, "Challenge Accepted!!".
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 24, 2017 at 5:11 pm)Hammok Man Wrote: Removing these students will not help.

Not to mention less jesus.
Just help them cheat, it's the American way, right Florida!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 24, 2017 at 4:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Or at least get rid of the shitheads on it.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/alabama-...st-scores/

Quote:Alabama state school board member wants to institutionalize special needs students to boost test scores

Quote:A member of the state-wide Alabama Board of Education wanted to know why the state couldn’t force parents to put their special needs children into institutions so that test scores would increase in the schools.

Where do they find these dumbasses.

Oh right.... probably in republicunt churches.

What is that old WW2 Jewish saying, "First they came after the infirmed, then they came after the gypsies, then they came after me."

And even if I agreed with this vile idea, if the billionaires don't pay for it, these stupid fucks as middle class and working poor would still be stuck with the bill. How do they think those institutions would get paid?

Meh, just put them on the wall they will pay for.
Why oh why are people still so enamored of standardized testing? Why do people still believe such things are necessary to providing and guiding public education?

Standardized testing pretty much runs counter to what we know about educating children. Why does the media have such hard-on for the results of standardized testing?

Step 1 to improving public education: eliminate standardized testing. Then we can move forward.
Sporadic poster
(August 24, 2017 at 5:46 pm)Javaman Wrote: Why oh why are people still so enamored of standardized testing? Why do people still believe such things are necessary to providing and guiding public education?

Standardized testing pretty much runs counter to what we know about educating children. Why does the media have such hard-on for the results of standardized testing?

Step 1 to improving public education: eliminate standardized testing. Then we can move forward.

I agree, now while every child learns differently, I do know that I learned more when I wasn't under pressure to preform like a circus bear. Memorizing things short term isn't the same as actually understanding what you memorize. You retain information longer when you actually understand it instead of simply repeating it.
Quote:Why oh why are people still so enamored of standardized testing? Why do people still believe such things are necessary to providing and guiding public education?

I don't think I've welcomed you....must have missed your intro thread.

Anyway, its very simple.  People who don't know jack shit about education think that testing is good to show "progress."  Far too many school boards are dominated by such people.

Welcome to our little oasis of sanity in a crazy world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK, Who Had "Cocaine Sharks" for July? Fireball 0 312 July 22, 2023 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act. Brian37 16 1654 January 4, 2021 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Foxaèr 68 4763 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5231 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dicks had a meltdown, for good reason. Brian37 95 5064 October 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 733 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7225 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Hitler Had The Same Problem Minimalist 4 617 November 26, 2018 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 233 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1095 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist