Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act.
Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act.
Trump is on tape trying to get a GOP election official to cheat, and implies threats of criminal action to him. On top of defaming election machine provider company Dominion of removing machines and or switching out machine parts.

I hope they both sue the fuck out of the asshole.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/pol...video.html
RE: Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act.
What will probably happen is that Trump’s allies in Congress will whine for a few hours, which is the only thing they’re constitutionally able to do, and the results will be certified by day’s end. Trump’s goons will take to the streets, in much smaller numbers than predicted, and there will be no wide scale violence because there never is.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(January 3, 2021 at 4:08 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: What will probably happen is that Trump’s allies in Congress will whine for a few hours, which is the only thing they’re constitutionally able to do, and the results will be certified by day’s end. Trump’s goons will take to the streets, in much smaller numbers than predicted, and there will be no wide scale violence because there never is.

Regardless of what congress does, Trump needs to be sued by all the people he has intimidated and smeared.
I'm not sure intimidation is a legally punishable offense.

Don't wait for Trump to be sued or tried for anything. He still has enough people in the right positions to protect him. And if that doesn't work, expect him leaving for a country without an extradition agreement.

Trump isn't going to spend a day in jail - one way or another it's not going to happen.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 3, 2021 at 4:16 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I'm not sure intimidation is a legally punishable offense.

Don't wait for Trump to be sued or tried for anything.  He still has enough people in the right positions to protect him.  And if that doesn't work, expect him leaving for a country without an extradition agreement.

Trump isn't going to spend a day in jail - one way or another it's not going to happen.

I wouldn't bet on jail, sure, but financially he is in deep trouble, and there are people after him for unpaid bills, and others who will sue him for defamation. He should be sued for incitement too. It most certainly can be proven in court that people act out in violence on his words.
(January 3, 2021 at 4:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 3, 2021 at 4:16 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I'm not sure intimidation is a legally punishable offense.

Don't wait for Trump to be sued or tried for anything.  He still has enough people in the right positions to protect him.  And if that doesn't work, expect him leaving for a country without an extradition agreement.

I wouldn't bet on jail, sure, but financially he is in deep trouble, and there are people after him for unpaid bills, and others who will sue him for defamation. He should be sued for incitement too. It most certainly can be proven in court that people act out in violence on his words.

He entered office owing money.  The man is an illusion of a successful business man. 

Keep dreaming- he's not going to be convicted of anything.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

At this stage of the game, does ANY of this really matter?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 3, 2021 at 4:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Trump can't be sued for incitement.  No one can. He could possibly be sued for damages arising from violence he incited, but that'd be an awfully difficult case to make.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 3, 2021 at 4:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(January 3, 2021 at 4:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I wouldn't bet on jail, sure, but financially he is in deep trouble, and there are people after him for unpaid bills, and others who will sue him for defamation. He should be sued for incitement too. It most certainly can be proven in court that people act out in violence on his words.

He entered office owing money.  The man is an illusion of a successful business man. 

Civil laws suits are not criminal charges. He's going to be sued in civil court at a minimum.
(January 3, 2021 at 5:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 3, 2021 at 4:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: He entered office owing money.  The man is an illusion of a successful business man. 

Civil laws suits are not criminal charges. He's going to be sued in civil court at a minimum.

Whatever fantasy helps you sleep at night.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 352 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 701 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1537 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 4052 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  5 suspicious packages found in the last 24 hours Joods 188 12485 October 29, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech.... Brian37 9 950 October 20, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Trump says Saudi Arabia's King Salman 'would not last two weeks' without US support WinterHold 2 477 October 7, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 236 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
  Almost cried when saw this last night! Mystic 10 1222 May 29, 2018 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Cloud Act Sterben 18 2162 April 4, 2018 at 7:59 pm