Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrisy in Xianity
Hypocrisy in Xianity
In arguing with Xians, I've often found that pointing out the hypocrisy involved in their religion to be a helpful tactic. This includes pointing out the hypocrisy of believers, but also the hypocrisy inherent in the religion itself. There are many examples of this, here is a partial list:
http://see_the_truth.webs.com//sinning_nazarene.html

I know there has to be a ton of examples like this, so what other hypocrisies do people like to point out when arguing? I often find that people are surprised at how much self-contradiction is involved in their religion.
RE: Hypocrisy in Xianity
Hello new entity and welcome.

Beware of posting external content within the first 30 days, read the rules: https://atheistforums.org/rules.php

Tell us, what are your favorites or what do you consider the most glaring?

Edit: Are you just here pimping your/a website and youtube channel?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It's actually not helpful at all because they habitually just deny it. Their forte is projecting their faults and inadequacies onto their opponents because they're so good at mental gymnastics they can literally be saying the same exact thing and it won't legitimately occur to them that they're denigrating an opponent for it. What I do is challenge their perception of morality directly because the common thread of guilt is a huge vulnerability. There's plenty of material for that in their holy books.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(August 29, 2017 at 3:13 pm)hiddentrails Wrote: In arguing with Xians, I've often found that pointing out the hypocrisy involved in their religion to be a helpful tactic. This includes pointing out the hypocrisy of believers, but also the hypocrisy inherent in the religion itself. There are many examples of this, here is a partial list:

I know there has to be a ton of examples like this, so what other hypocrisies do people like to point out when arguing? I often find that people are surprised at how much self-contradiction is involved in their religion.

So you would rather believe the false statements of others who obviously cherry picks the scriptures than to do your own research and find out the truth, know what that sounds like, the same thing you would accuse Christians of. Now that sir is hypocrisy and thus makes you the ultimate hypocrite.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(August 31, 2017 at 8:10 pm)Godscreated Wrote:
(August 29, 2017 at 3:13 pm)hiddentrails Wrote: In arguing with Xians, I've often found that pointing out the hypocrisy involved in their religion to be a helpful tactic. This includes pointing out the hypocrisy of believers, but also the hypocrisy inherent in the religion itself. There are many examples of this, here is a partial list:

So you would rather believe the false statements of others who obviously cherry picks the scriptures than to do your own research and find out the truth, know what that sounds like, the same thing you would accuse Christians of. Now that sir is hypocrisy and thus makes you the ultimate hypocrite.

GC

Wow, been a while.  I see I was impressed with you before (from my rep) but it's been too long to really remember.  How about finding some higher hanging fruit and then do you.  See if it helps me remember?  (This thread is borrrrriinnng.)
I think hypocrisy is a basic flaw in humanity and not a symptom of religion. Secular humanists can be hypocrites too.
(August 31, 2017 at 8:21 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I think hypocrisy is a basic flaw in humanity and not a symptom of religion. Secular humanists can be hypocrites too.

Obviously.
(August 31, 2017 at 8:10 pm)Godscreated Wrote:

GC

There is no research that leads to your god.  Unless you count looking into yourself for the emotional need that blind faith could fill.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(September 1, 2017 at 11:16 am)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(August 31, 2017 at 8:10 pm)Godscreated Wrote:  So you would rather believe the false statements of others who obviously cherry picks the scriptures than to do your own research and find out the truth, know what that sounds like, the same thing you would accuse Christians of. Now that sir is hypocrisy and thus makes you the ultimate hypocrite.

GC

There is no research that leads to your god.  Unless you count looking into yourself for the emotional need that blind faith could fill.

I look to the one and only God for my life daily and have faith that He says He is who He is and will do what He has promised. The Bible tells us that our faith is not blind, our faith has sight of the reality of God.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
There is no bigger hypocrite than Yahweh as portrayed in the book. Which makes it obvious as fuck that man made god in his image, not the other way around. Unless every believer is willing to admit their god is a stinking, lying, sack of shit, then there is no other explanation for how this lack of character could have happened when its supposed omnipotence would make it trivially easy to communicate and correct anything that contradicted a happier picture. No way around that. Can't even get one word in to begin to fight that inescapable objection. So what is surprising about this rule book leading to so much hypocrisy? If there's a flaw in the instructions, the product is going to turn out shitty, it's just inevitable. At least fundamentalists have the courage of their convictions. Let's see some Xtians murder some infidels like the bible says to, and hear how the namby-pamby fucks try to defend that. They already try so hard with justifying slavery, let's see how the next-worst permissible offense gets spun.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9440 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  The hypocrisy of the chrisitians related to me Der/die AtheistIn 17 3447 January 9, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Religious people do not have a monopoly on Hypocrisy Phatt Matt s 6 2140 March 24, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s