Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"IT" Was Fucking Awesome
Thumbs Up 
"IT" Was Fucking Awesome
Discuss.
RE: "IT" Was Fucking Awesome
I haven't seen the new version. I remember watching it years and years ago. Good to see the remake was great.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I saw it Friday night. It was pretty good.

Also, I just looked up the actor who played the clown and he is seriously HOT. It's not often I say that about any guy because I have such a specific taste and type that I like.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Better than the TV miniseries. I know, we own that, fuckin' tedious. Saw it last night. Waiting for the second half.
I'll be seeing it soon, hopefully.
Dying to live, living to die.
No spoilers then. We can start a spoilers thread for those of us who've seen it if we want.
(September 10, 2017 at 9:48 pm)Shell B Wrote: No spoilers then. We can start a spoilers thread for those of us who've seen it if we want.

No probs here.

I find I can still enjoy a movie even after major spoilers.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'll see it in a few weeks. I hope it's better than the trailers seem to show.

If you didn't like the trailers, I'm not hopeful. I enjoyed them and felt they represented the film well. However, the more human side was left out of the trailers and is part of what made it great. Maybe you will find something to love in the relationships in the Losers Clubs. The kids were wonderful.
Haven't seen IT yet, but I'm hearing a lot of good things (and not just from you guys). IT's currently sitting at 89% on Rotten Tomatoes, and given that, as I write this, IT's already broken several box office records (and come dangerously close to breaking several more) IT's currently the 11th highest grossing horror film ever made (and only after three days; give IT another week and IT may even hit #1) and has already broken several box office records (mostly September and Fall-related openings, and has even come dangerously close to besting Deadpool's biggest R-rated opening record), I think IT's safe to say that we can expect Chapter 2 of IT to come along in a couple years. Hopefully IT won't take as long to make it to the screen as the first film.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An E diminished 7th sounds fucking evil. Edwardo Piet 2 667 December 26, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Mr Robot is AWESOME Excited Penguin 22 2796 July 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
Rainbow me playing some fucking brutal guitar Funt Clap 3 1119 November 24, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Awesome Cover Songs BrokenQuill92 5 2476 January 3, 2014 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Awesome live performance Napoléon 1 1003 November 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  I think this song is awesome Edwardo Piet 6 2011 October 6, 2010 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet