Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Robot is AWESOME
Mr Robot is AWESOME
Here's proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPmmLp9ATsM
RE: Mr Robot is AWESOME
Shameless Fight Club rip.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Shameless Fight Club rip.

Shameless? 

No.

Rip?

No.

You clearly don't understand how artistic influence works.
Mr.Robot seriously is the best, and the two episodes I watched from second season has made me forget all other shows. After BB this is my new fix Big Grin
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

A deranged person with a competent imaginary friend concocts a basement scheme to rid the world of credit debt?

I am jacks complete lack of original ideas.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 21, 2016 at 1:45 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Mr.Robot seriously is the best, and the two episodes I watched from second season has made me forget all other shows. After BB this is my new fix Big Grin

Yepp, you should see how episode 3 started after that flashback scene - that was amazing, film grade stuff. It's the best TV show ever, instant cult classic.
(July 21, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: A deranged person with a competent imaginary friend concocts a basement scheme to rid the world of credit debt?

You actually haven't watched the show have you?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 21, 2016 at 1:47 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 21, 2016 at 1:45 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Mr.Robot seriously is the best, and the two episodes I watched from second season has made me forget all other shows. After BB this is my new fix Big Grin

Yepp, you should see how episode 3 started after that flashback scene - that was amazing, film grade stuff. It's the best TV show ever, instant cult classic.

shhhh, don't say anything before I see it
- Lau Tzu

(July 21, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: A deranged person with a competent imaginary friend concocts a basement scheme to rid the world of credit debt?

First of all Fight Club was originally a novel, so if you're going to accuse this TV Show about hacking, something there's not even a hint of in Fight Club, of stealing ideas, you better try and argue that ridiculous point - that it's tasteless to introduce original literary ideas into other art mediums.

Second of all, I'm pretty sure Palahniuk wasn't the first one under the sun with such an idea to begin with. If you're going to hate on Mr Robot because of it, you might as well hate on everything else. Art doesn't exist in a vacuum, where such mediums as TV, film and books are concerned. They're all copying off of each other. Game Of Thrones is similar in a lot of ways to the Dune series by Frank Herbert, except for the fact that they're two completely different genres, just like these two are both different mediums and about two completely different things, even though they share similar narrative undercurrents. Are we going to assume GRRM didn't read the greatest sci-fi series of all time before writing his own fantastic one? Do you see anyone hating on ASOIAF because of it?

Third and not least, Fight Club is 2 decades old. It's about time this old book directly influenced a TV Series with the best it had to give.
(July 21, 2016 at 1:52 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:

You actually haven't watched the show have you?

OFC I did, binged it from start to finish as soon as it came out, lol.  I'd hate to ruin it further for anyone else by listing off my gripes in itemized fashion, most of which center around the unoriginality of the characters and the lazy steps both not taken -and taken- that, imo, detracted from what it -could- have been.  Still a decent show, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a settlement to chuck p if enough coin is printed.

(@EP..ofc it was a book, a good book, better than the movie..numbskull....sigh. You say "narrative undercurrents" I say..the entire narrative arc plus it's central characters dynamic and relationship)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up "IT" Was Fucking Awesome Shell B 58 7146 October 20, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Awesome Cover Songs BrokenQuill92 5 2473 January 3, 2014 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Awesome live performance Napoléon 1 999 November 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  I think this song is awesome Edwardo Piet 6 2009 October 6, 2010 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK Welsh cake 3 1337 June 12, 2010 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger