Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist?
What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist?
0-15 minutes is mostly stuff we are familiar with, mostly.

15 minutes+ Then it gets exiting. This is where you need to lay off the Gin and the exotic herbs.* But fuck me it's worth it. Watch, listen, observe and learn.

A beautiful analogy of what QFT is:

Quote:It's not like taking two wristwatches and colliding them and watch all the pieces come out. That's not right! That's very very misleading, it's like smashing two Timex together and a Rolex comes out.

24.20 Heavy stuff. Pay attention!

28.40 – 31.20* I said fuckit and rolled a fat one.

34.10 Bang! And there it is. “The Laws Physics Underlying Everyday Life Are Completely Understood.”

37.10 If things exist at long enough distances and interact with us strongly enough we will notice them.

39.30 If there is a particle strong enough to interact with your brain; we would have noticed it, and we have not.

40.00 You, and everyone you know is made from the same model of particle physics and nothing else.

Now then lads and lasses. It's time to meet the meat.

No spoon-bending. (or other telekinesis)
No precognition.
No clairvoyance.
No astrology.
No homoeopathy.
No life after death.

Quote:In fact we know there is no life after death. Sometimes even atheists and sceptics like to be open minded about this … Forget it! There is no possible way to store the information.

Soft, mild, weak atheism  my fucking arse. Gods, do not, cannot, exist!

Some follow up.

Follow up to the follow up.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist?
Um wut?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
C'mon CL.
You're acting surprised on an atheist forum and all we're doing is stating the obvious?
Happy to be proven wrong.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Confussed. I don't understand his post.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 6, 2017 at 10:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Um wut?

Watching the thing might be a good idea.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I was kind of lost, too. But all the numbers refer to timestamps in the video it references. Periods instead of colons. L'il PBP.

Now I need to watch the video, but I'm not because MEX & T&T.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I already have found out that God can't possibly exist. No meaningful God anyway.

And I do the same thing I do every night, pinky, play with my... er... computer.
(October 6, 2017 at 10:43 pm)Hammy Wrote: I already have found out that God can't possibly exist. No meaningful God anyway.

And I do the same thing I do every night, pinky, play with my... er... computer.

It's 'cause I already took over the world and spoiled it for everybody.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(October 6, 2017 at 10:52 pm)Astonished Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 10:43 pm)Hammy Wrote: I already have found out that God can't possibly exist. No meaningful God anyway.

It's 'cause I already took over the world and spoiled it for everybody.

What?
I'd probably smoke a bowl and go on with my day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5598 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 2962 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 10614 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23506 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 77202 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1401 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2802 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 3952 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2204 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2204 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold