Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectacular animation of the inner life of a cell
Spectacular animation of the inner life of a cell
Awesome animation footage:

http://aimediaserver4.com/studiodaily/vi...height=520

Enjoy.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Spectacular animation of the inner life of a cell
Is that the one that "Expelled" ripped off?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
That was pretty damn neat. I kinda wish it was annotated though. Were those cells or the organelles inside of cells? I think I saw a mitochondria, but I'm not sure.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
yeah, that was cool. I didn't know what I was looking at most of the time and if I thought I got it the scene would change so I wasn't sure.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
(October 26, 2010 at 2:01 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Is that the one that "Expelled" ripped off?
Yeah. I don't think they technically broke any laws; I think they just made another version which was crappier and was used to make the point that the cell is *so complex* it could have only come about by design. *yawn*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life eating other life. Brian37 42 2229 May 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  quality of life or life for life's sake tackattack 37 2292 November 24, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Stem cell therapy with MS brewer 45 8194 March 24, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Stem Cell research Fake Messiah 4 1030 December 29, 2016 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Cell Types and Computing in the Retina Czechlervitz30 6 1196 July 18, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Czechlervitz30
  Animation: Man's legacy to the world Creed of Heresy 3 842 June 14, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Suspended animation?? zebo-the-fat 4 799 March 26, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Single cell evolution Darwinian 1 1421 May 13, 2010 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Your inner fish, free powerpoint presentations on human evolution. leo-rcc 0 1956 December 23, 2009 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc