Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll have what he's having
I'll have what he's having
http://m.huffingtonpost.in/entry/alleged...cae802aea7

Quote:A Wyoming man accused of public intoxication allegedly told police he traveled from the year 2048 to warn mankind of an impending invasion by extraterrestrials.
[...]
Johnson, who police said smelled of alcohol and spoke with slightly slurred speech, allegedly told officers that “the aliens were coming next year and we needed to make sure to leave as fast as possible.”
[...]
Johnson informed the officers that he was able to travel through time because the aliens filled his body with alcohol. He also claimed he stood on a “giant pad” which then transported him to the year 2017 — though he said he was supposed to be sent to the year 2018.

Well, it's creative, I'll give him that!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: I'll have what he's having
Filling your body with alcohol allows your to travel into the past?  I should be in the fucking Mesozoic. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I find it sends me into the future, skipping the intervening days.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 14, 2017 at 7:31 am)Cyberman Wrote: I find it sends me into the future, skipping the intervening days.

And you can teleport home from the pub.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 14, 2017 at 7:31 am)Cyberman Wrote: I find it sends me into the future, skipping the intervening days.

That was my experience, too.

However, aliens . . . could explain a couple of *ahem* close encounters I had back in the day.
Sometimes it lets you see your food from the past.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 14, 2017 at 7:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:

And you can teleport home from the pub.

Yeah, but those pockets of gravity though...
(October 14, 2017 at 8:02 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Sometimes it lets you see your food from the past.

Now if only it didn't always look like beef and barley soup.

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Norty Vorlie!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  POTUS having a really bad day today. Brian37 20 2649 November 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  And With Nixon Having Been There This Is Saying Something Minimalist 19 2109 January 2, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The WLB Is Having A Bad Day Minimalist 1 450 November 3, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah