Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff!!!
Staff!!!
Ok, so a lot has changed recently, and we are all very excited about the future of the forums as a result! It all started with the departure of Eilonnwy both from the staff team, and from the site itself. She was a dedicated admin, and always had the best interests of the community in mind. I'm sure she will be missed by everyone, but ultimately she felt she needed to part company, and I respect her decision.

Originally we decided to stick with 3 admin, promoting longtime member and moderator theVOID to the vacant position. Instead of "hiring" one new mod, we thought about taking on two, to help with the growing community here. Coming to a decision about which two was hard though, and so we just went with the three best people we could think of: chasm, Shinylight, and Rhizomorph. All three are longtime members, and have contributed many discussions to the forum. Those of you who hang out in the chatroom will know how much time chasm and Shinylight spend there, and for those who don't, taking a look at the Chatroom Stats will give you a good idea!

So we had our new staff team. 9 people to supervise and lead the forum wherever the future takes us...

But 9 is a silly number...I mean, c'mon. As luck would have it, a retired admin (and original staff member) wanted to rejoin the ranks of those with red names, and we were all glad to oblige. After only 2 months of retirement, Darwinian is back in command!

So now we have a staff team consisting of some of the forum's best and brightest (and also Shinylight Wink). Yay!

-Adrian

Incidentally, the staff team has changed quite extensively since we last had our "Get to know your staff!" meme. If my calculations are correct, only 4 of the current staff have answered questions from the forum membership (and we're all now admin). So, it stands to reason that we allow you to interrogate our 6 moderators!

If you weren't here when we did it last time, then let me explain. Each week, a moderator will be selected, and you can PM that moderator with questions you want them to answer. At the end of the week (Friday), the moderator in question will write all the answers to the questions they get, and post them in a new thread in the Site News section. It's that simple!

Of course, it isn't that simple!

There are some rules:
  • Only one question per member. This isn't to say you cannot send multiple questions, but if you do, only expect one of them to be answered. If the staff member has time and wishes to answer them all, they can do so though.
  • All staff have the ability to reject any question which they feel is too invasive, or which they feel uncomfortable answering. Try to keep your questions light-hearted and interesting, rather than too personal.
  • Send your question in a PM directly to the staff in question, with the subject line "Get to know your staff!" or mention it is for this project when you ask the question. If you are going to ask multiple questions, please try to put them in the same PM.
  • Unless otherwise stated in the PM, your name will not appear next to the question. In other words, you are anonymous by default. If you don't mind people knowing who asked you, let the staff member know in your PM.

We shall progress through the moderators in this order (deadline for questions is next to their name):

tackattack - 5th November
Shell B - 12th November
Paul the Human - 19th November
chasm - 26th November
Shinylight - 3rd December
Rhizomorph - 10th December

So start sending tackattack questions for him to answer next Friday!
RE: Staff!!!
Woo... yeah... Stooges
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Thank you, Adrian Shake Fist
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Sounds good. I have to say that the leadership of this forum is of more quality than several, previous forums I've been to.
(October 27, 2010 at 3:44 pm)Tiberius Wrote: tackattack
Shell B
Paul the Human
chasm
Shinylight
Rhizomorph

Bloody hell Adrian, I don't fancy your chances in the bunker with that lot!
(October 27, 2010 at 5:36 pm)Existentialist Wrote: Bloody hell Adrian, I don't fancy your chances in the bunker with that lot!

Didn't your parents teach you any manners? If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. That is why I don't post in your threads anymore. Smile
(October 28, 2010 at 1:53 am)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Didn't your parents teach you any manners? If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. That is why I don't post in your threads anymore. Smile

You're right. I apologise to Adolf. oops I mean Adrian.
I welcome and look forward to answering any and all questions. In my questions feel free to use whatever language you like and you can be as personal as you like. As many of you know from conversations with me, I usually make little time for banter and trivialities and prefer meatier conversations. I don't think I've failed (for any reason other than time) to answer any questions thus far, so barring an overwhelming volume please feel free to ask whatever you like.

-Dave
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(October 28, 2010 at 3:11 am)Existentialist Wrote: You're right. I apologise to Adolf. oops I mean Adrian.
I understand how your inferior mind may have become confused. I, like the Führer, also have the initials A.H.
Congratulations to the new staff members and to TheVOID's promotion (and his name looks so cool in red too!) and it's awesome to see Darwinian back in Admin form Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions Darwinian 3256 747830 5 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Staff Moderator The Valkyrie 20 1284 December 30, 2023 at 8:25 am
Last Post: no one
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6197 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The "Report" button, and how not to treat your staff. Jackalope 71 27863 February 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Guidelines for Staff Correspondence Shell B 3 1313 June 8, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: brewer
  Get to know your staff [UPDATED] Losty 534 42813 February 16, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Staff Interviews - Tiberius Tiberius 103 13819 November 19, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Staff Interviews - Losty (Plus our NEW YouTube channel!) Tiberius 72 15929 November 5, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Staff Interviews - Stimbo Tiberius 33 6322 October 13, 2016 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Staff Interviews - robvalue Tiberius 81 9997 October 6, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: robvalue