Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am not a Muslim anymore!
Why I am not a Muslim anymore!
I have never been a religious person, but that's probably due to my upbringing. My Parents still like to consider themselves Muslim, but they have adopted some of the British way of life when they came to England in the 1960's. My Mother is a strong independent woman, she loves to travel and takes no shit from my Dad. I was born in 1977 and I can recall all the religious bullshit I hated doing in my early years and as I got older I started to Question my so called beliefs.

I never really converted, because I never really was a Muslim in the first place and the last several years I have been very open about who I am. I find the hypocrisy in Religion and by the so called Religious, I love to challenge peoples "faith". These same people who would use anger or violence to silence people criticism of their fairy tale bullshit because they some how feel insulted when logic is thrown in the mix.

I am an Apostate and proud of it, (probably get killed for it too) and somewhere else on this forum are some of my most popular youtube videos about religion and politics.

Thanks for reading my story.

RE: Why I am not a Muslim anymore!
Well, I hope you don't get killed for it, hopefully that was tongue in cheek :S It's very sad when people put faith in their ideology above their own offspring and family. I mean, as if God would be offended!!!

Do you find many children of muslim families turning their backs on their parents faith? I'm assuming that you wouldn't be able to be quite so free in you disbelief if you lived in a muslim country?

Anyway, welcome along and I hope you have fun here Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hi, man! Please don't blow the forums up*....lol, I'm only joking. Big Grin But in all seriousness: I look forward to seeing you around.

*too soon?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Well, I have come out about who I am to other members of family, i.e. Cousins and younger family members and many think I am crazy. I can understand their retarded logic because why would someone want to leave Islam or believe in God, they are fucking amazing.

I am lost cause to many people.
You'll fit right in here, Zam.
Welcome to the forum, Zamario! I'm looking forward to reading your posts! Smile
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Ex-muslim and the truth about islam Methamphetamine 9 968 August 21, 2023 at 11:19 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Ex-Muslim progamz 10 2619 June 6, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Ex-Muslim Ucaslog1 23 4701 May 7, 2013 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Ucaslog1