Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween everyone!

Halloween is by far one of my favorite holidays.  Candy, Costumes, and parties!  What more can you ask for?  Still not sure which costume I'm going as this year (I have a LOT of costumes to choose from).  My oldest three are going as Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Harley Quinn, while my youngest two are going as Hermione Granger and Katniss.  (I actually have a niece named Katniss lol)

Remember to check your kids candy if you have them.  Though it's mostly an urban legend (with the only reported case being of a man who put cyanide in his own kid's pixie stix, and two other kids too), it's still a good idea to check it. 

Also what candy is everyone handing out?  We live in a small neighborhood so we hand out full sized candy bars.  Mostly Twix and Snickers.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Happy Halloween!
Snickers? I would have stayed close to your house as a kid. We live in a warehouse on a long block that has nothing but warehouses on our side. So we've never gotten even one trick or treater in my 35 years here. When I was younger I went to some nice Halloween parties with live music and dancing. Lots of fun. To be honest though, I don't enjoy putting together costumes and usually find a way to low ball it.
I friggin love Halloween! I made my mad hatter hat from scratch, chopped up a wig, put the costume together from used clothes, and got tons of cool makeup for tomorrow. We go all out at the office and hold a costume competition by pairs.

My 11 year old will be a box of Chinese takeout and my six year old will be a dinosaur. Can’t wait to get them ready. It’s the BEST holiday ever!
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I'm really annoyed.
Some of the youngsters here are starting to do trick or treating.
It's not an Aussie tradition.
Children walking the streets at night, it's a fucking pedo's paradise.
I blame the big stores for selling Halloween merchandise in bulk.
It doesn't belong here. :-(
Just found mine in the closet. 

[Image: a147_a5.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm missing Halloween this year. Sad  
A local burrito shop here is run by an ex-American.  She had bowls of candy when we stopped by on Saturday.  Twix and Some nice gummy candies (they are super fond of gummies here).  That was nice. Smile

If I were at home, probably Reeses cup minis. That is what we usually buy to hand out.  And a few toys for kids who cannot have candy (allergies or what have you), as we had one in our neighborhood until we moved this summer.  Play dough is the most popular, and you can get cute little halloween tubs of it.  It is not uncommon for some kids to pick the playdough over the candy, because they already have a bag of candy!

[Image: 91jUPkeJUGL._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg]
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I'm dressed as Cookie Monster and am, as of this moment, the only one in my office who dressed up.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Happy Halloween everyone.  Smile

Devil (large)
I was into Halloween when I was younger, but not so much anymore now that I am older.

Where we live, we don't trick-or-treaters; therefore, we don't have to worry about buying candy to hand out. Since I am not one who eats candy too often, maybe once a year, the only regular candy we keep here is the boyfriend's supply of fun-sized snickers. I have been craving butterfingers, though, so maybe that will be my once-a-year candy consumption.

The last time I did anything for Halloween was when I dressed up as Britney Spears and went gay club hopping in Ybor City.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 31, 2017 at 2:36 am)J a c k Wrote: I friggin love Halloween! I made my mad hatter hat from scratch, chopped up a wig, put the costume together from used clothes, and got tons of cool makeup for tomorrow. We go all out at the office and hold a costume competition by pairs.

My 11 year old will be a box of Chinese takeout and my six year old will be a dinosaur. Can’t wait to get them ready. It’s the BEST holiday ever!

You sound so enthusiastic, I really hope you all have a great time!

Also, box of chinese take-out, totally cute idea!!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5404 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Scare people this Halloween by being Karen Foxaèr 5 588 October 20, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What are you doing for Halloween? SisterAgatha 54 7590 October 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4087 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Halloween is almost upon us - boo! Foxaèr 23 3770 October 7, 2017 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Halloween as a celebration of literature? ReptilianPeon 0 620 October 31, 2015 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Share your AF Halloween Costumes! Aroura 11 2431 October 27, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  My AF Halloween Costume, biotches Catholic_Lady 12 2889 October 24, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Favorite Halloween Ghost Stories BrokenQuill92 3 1310 October 22, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Halloween BrokenQuill92 42 4637 September 18, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Aroura