Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having site issues
Having site issues
The pages load slowly and then the "retry for live version" page appears.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Having site issues
(November 1, 2017 at 1:24 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: The pages load slowly and then the "retry for live version" page appears.

Cloudflare. Mabe the admins can help you on that.
It's working OK for me. Might be a networking issue close to where you are. I would give it 30 mins and see if it still happens.
(November 1, 2017 at 1:24 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: The pages load slowly and then the "retry for live version" page appears.

hope it's working better

(and that's about the extent of the help I can offer for your doodad)

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The problem persisted for a while, but then the site fixed itself. It had to be the site, because everything else loaded just fine.
~ Erin Hunter
Some time back when I was having trouble loading one site but everything else worked fine I asked my son who is a web tech about it.

He explained "something is not happy, somewhere." 

Actually, when I thought about it, it seemed quite profound.
I’ve noticed that when my internet is running a bit slow, I can load other sites fine but this one takes longer. It could be that.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 1, 2017 at 8:52 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: The problem persisted for a while, but then the site fixed itself.  It had to be the site, because everything else loaded just fine.

Probably the Illuminati downloading your account then.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 1, 2017 at 9:59 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Probably the Illuminati downloading your account then.

A waste of their time, then.
~ Erin Hunter
(November 1, 2017 at 9:46 pm)Losty Wrote: I’ve noticed that when my internet is running a bit slow, I can load other sites fine but this one takes longer. It could be that.

Same here. Although Facebook tends to run slow for me when AF does. But I mean the full facebook.com and not the app. The app is always fine.

Being a big website/big forum may have something to do with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in Angrboda 89 11528 April 22, 2023 at 10:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Server issues Foxaèr 4 2156 March 6, 2023 at 8:28 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Old friend wants to get back on this site... Brian37 12 2892 July 23, 2019 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Is anyone else having issues loading the forum? Losty 19 2404 June 14, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Was the site temporarily inaccessible? Foxaèr 1 1124 April 23, 2015 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mobile site BrokenQuill92 5 1975 April 28, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules? Something completely different 147 30934 October 31, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  My phone doesn't like this site Cyberman 2 1441 July 22, 2013 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Full Shoutbox Navigation Issues Darkstar 7 3246 April 6, 2013 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
Question Security Issues? Skepsis 20 5579 July 27, 2012 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Jackalope