Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My phone doesn't like this site
My phone doesn't like this site
I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem, but my Blackberry simply hates pages with embedded videos on the mobile version of the site. Basically, the page will display as it should but after some random period of time - it could be a few seconds, or a few minutes - the whole site will crash out and I'm told the browser closed unexpectedly. Since I'm away from my pc a fair bit and rely on my mobile to log in, this is a rather annoying situation for me.

Any ideas on how I might sort something out? Banging my head on the wall in frustration doesn't help very much, before anyone mentions it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: My phone doesn't like this site
Android.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: My phone doesn't like this site
(July 22, 2013 at 11:12 am)Stimbo Wrote: I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem, but my Blackberry simply hates pages with embedded videos on the mobile version of the site. Basically, the page will display as it should but after some random period of time - it could be a few seconds, or a few minutes - the whole site will crash out and I'm told the browser closed unexpectedly. Since I'm away from my pc a fair bit and rely on my mobile to log in, this is a rather annoying situation for me.

Any ideas on how I might sort something out? Banging my head on the wall in frustration doesn't help very much, before anyone mentions it.
My iPod Touch does the same thing. I got a new iPhone recently and it's much more powerful than my old Touch so it doesn't crash on those pages.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old friend wants to get back on this site... Brian37 12 2884 July 23, 2019 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  It doesn't work Foxaèr 13 2700 April 29, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Having site issues Foxaèr 11 1632 November 1, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My password doesn't work... JBrentonK 4 1326 October 15, 2015 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Was the site temporarily inaccessible? Foxaèr 1 1117 April 23, 2015 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm trapped in phone mode Pizza 3 1085 March 29, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  posting from phone simplemoss 5 2268 December 24, 2014 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Losty
  Mobile site BrokenQuill92 5 1973 April 28, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  My damn phone fucked things up Phatt Matt s 2 1344 March 21, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  MK ...just WTF is happening with this site?? KichigaiNeko 20 4879 March 2, 2011 at 11:59 am
Last Post: leo-rcc