Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love.
Love.
Love not only believes in value, it attaches itself to it. It not only attaches itself to it but is magnetically pulled towards it.

It appreciates. It seeks intimacy. It causes one anger, frustration, and pain as well.

It is drawn to beauty and seeks it. It loves outward beauty but appreciates inward beauty more.

For every type of relationship, it has its own etiquettes. Thus it is as if a dictionary and manual on how to act with each and everything we come across.

The exact hue of your love, the exact type, the exact degree of that hue, the exact magnitude of that type, is all in the manual, and it tells you "balance" things properly.

It is justice to be short which is nothing but giving everything it's due.

Through the language of love, true strength and power can be gained.

Love's language, begin to listen to it. 

What is it source? Where is it coming from? 

Why do we so strongly believe in this language and pay attention to it at all cost?

You see it everywhere. There is evidence of it everywhere. In yourself as well. 

The degree of belief in it, you cannot even escape. You can delude yourself about it,  hide some of its foundational commands or instructions, but at the end, you cannot disbelieve in no matter how much you try.

Among the greatest signs of God is that he put compassion and love between us. And that it is him, as in it him, that is what makes us love and have compassion to each other. 

I don't mean cause and effect. I mean it's HIM again that has put love and compassion between us. I mean by that it is by him we ask one another rights and through his name, he created the male and female.

These are signs, compassion, mercy, praise, appreciating, searching for wisdom, etc. I am not going to spell it out for you and lead you on how love unequivocally proves God. I have done so many threads with that approach. 

Instead, I leave you with a question: Is a love a mysterious language that doesn't prove anything or is a mysterious language that proves everything worth knowing?

And everyone will come with the answer: "false dichotomy", am I right?
RE: Love.
Define love first. A definition that we can all agree upon. 

Then I'll tell you that it has nothing to do with your gods.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Love isn't all that mysterious, MK. And we certainly don't need a god to experience it.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I think 'love' is an evolutionary trait. But I'm a fan of romanticizing it. Nothing wrong with pretending the world isn't a cold meaningless place.
Let's hear more from fucking allah.

[Image: yemen3.jpg]
Love is thought of as a freaking mess. The closest logical explanation of it I know comes from the fictional character of Commander Data of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

He said: "As I experience certain sensory input patterns my mental pathways become accustomed to them. The inputs eventually are anticipated and even missed when absent."

So love is something which you experience which feels good and you would miss it if it were absent.

Come to think about it, that's not really very mystical at all. Love is something which strikes your fancy in a major way. If you got to experience that and you lost it, that would really suck. Where is the magic? I don't see it. It seems pretty clear cut to me.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(November 2, 2017 at 9:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Let's hear more from fucking allah.

[Image: yemen3.jpg]
Oh my GOD!  😔

(November 2, 2017 at 9:52 pm)wallym Wrote: I think 'love' is an evolutionary trait.  But I'm a fan of romanticizing it.  Nothing wrong with pretending the world isn't a cold meaningless place.

Absolutely.  For example, the love I feel for my nine-month-old stops me from tossing him out of our second story window when he's screaming his head off at 3 am for the fifth night in a row.  You're definitely more likely to survive if you aren't being tossed out of windows!  😁  

https://www.simplemost.com/science-babies-smell-good/
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Love is the pure realization of the ultimate. Bet you never considered that, did you MK?
(November 2, 2017 at 9:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: yemen3.jpg]
umm.. WTF?

Love is an emotion, so is hate, and yes they have a source... our brain.

Where you might see a lovely baby, I might see a loud wrinkly skinned creature... the concept of love is subjective and the notion varies wildly for each individual, thus trying to ascribe a single common source to it for all of the mankind is idiotic at best.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(November 3, 2017 at 12:54 am)Whateverist Wrote: Love is the pure realization of the ultimate.  Bet you never considered that, did you MK?

Lol, debate between MK and Little Rik would be so entertaining, but I would need a lot of alcohol.  😁

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1221 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne