Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what Was the Tree of Life For?
what Was the Tree of Life For?
if Adam was created immortal, why did he need a tree to give him what he already had?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: what Was the Tree of Life For?
Immortal meant with respect to light, that is he becomes perpetually the light of God with no neglect in his act of goodness, will, power, and embracing of God's light over the darkness, and the tree would be either Jesus in Christianity, Moses and his successors in Judaism, or Mohammad and his family in Islam.

And Adam became the tree of light on earth that extended to all sentient beings (human and Jinn) and was rechosen for it, and open majestic doors of repenting with sincerity that was a marvel for all those who looked on.

A mortal who was first in a garden beyond earth, came down to earth, to guide other sentient beings and become the Ruler on behalf of God. He knew the fruits of the place of proximity to God and was best fit to warn now every sentient being of the dark enemy.

And Adam's sin (missing the mark) was not malicious nor evil, but it was injustice in the sense of not giving himself the proper due nor God, but it was by no means evil. He disobeyed God because he trusted out of his own truthful nature Iblis when he swore by God he was sincerely advising him, he knew Iblis was an enemy but thought Iblis remained a lover of God enough not to swear by God and lie.

These days people take swearing by God in vain, which shows how far we have gone.

The tree of life is on earth, it is what you know as "goodness", it has seven veils, or seven skies, and it's all one water/one light that descends and ascends between us and them, and the sky to reach out to and the helper of rain, with who is twelve stars including the Prophet, is the promised King and Leader who will bring justice to the world and restore the proper balance - the true love we are meant to be upon.

Adam craved it and his craving was righteous for it was a craving of a true lover, but he was hasty, and the biggest mistake he did was rely on other than God for guidance. This will forever become a warning not to trust anyone for guidance because deceivers swear sincerely and convince the sincere that they are guides and leaders that enlighten.

The door to God and guidance of God must be approached by proofs that God provides.

So many lessons to be learned, but it was a slip, he blinded himself to the lie of Iblis to extent due to his truthfulness but also by his love to get to God's proximity and to be in complete state of submission.

Adam regret for this slip made Angels cry and earned him a beloved position among the chosen ones, he is an elite, there was no lie in Adam, he truly loved God, and he didn't rebel after he sinned, but admitted his slip, sin, and injustice to himself.
(November 10, 2017 at 11:33 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Immortal meant with respect to light, that is he becomes perpetually the light of God with no neglect in his act of goodness, will, power, and embracing of God's light over the darkness, and the tree would be either Jesus in Christianity, Moses and his successors in Judaism, or Mohammad and his family in Islam.

And Adam became the tree of light on earth that extended to all sentient beings (human and Jinn) and was rechosen for it, and open majestic doors of repenting with sincerity that was a marvel for all those who looked on.

A mortal who was first in a garden beyond earth, came down to earth, to guide other sentient beings and become the Ruler on behalf of God.  He knew the fruits of the place of proximity to God and was best fit to warn now every sentient being of the dark enemy.

And Adam's sin (missing the mark) was not malicious nor evil, but it was injustice in the sense of not giving himself the proper due nor God, but it was by no means evil. He disobeyed God because he trusted out of his own truthful nature Iblis when he swore by God he was sincerely advising him, he knew Iblis was an enemy but thought Iblis remained a lover of God enough not to swear by God and lie.

These days people take swearing by God in vain, which shows how far we have gone.

The tree of life is on earth, it is what you know as "goodness", it has seven veils, or seven skies, and it's all one water/one light that descends and ascends between us and them, and the sky to reach out to and the helper of rain, with who is twelve stars including the Prophet, is the promised King and Leader who will bring justice to the world and restore the proper balance - the true love we are meant to be upon.

Adam craved it and his craving was righteous for it was a craving of a true lover, but he was hasty, and the biggest mistake he did was rely on other than God for guidance. This will forever become a warning not to trust anyone for guidance because deceivers swear sincerely and convince the sincere that they are guides and leaders that enlighten.

The door to God and guidance of God must be approached by proofs that God provides.

So many lessons to be learned, but it was a slip, he blinded himself to the lie of Iblis to extent due to his truthfulness but also by his love to get to God's proximity and to be in complete state of submission.

Adam regret for this slip made Angels cry and earned him a beloved position among the chosen ones, he is an elite, there was no lie in Adam, he truly loved God, and he didn't rebel after he sinned, but admitted his slip, sin, and injustice to himself.

You forgot to start with, "Once upon at time..." and end with, "and they lived happily ever after".
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(November 10, 2017 at 11:33 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Immortal meant with respect to light, that is he becomes perpetually the light of God with no neglect in his act of goodness, will, power, and embracing of God's light over the darkness, and the tree would be either Jesus in Christianity, Moses and his successors in Judaism, or Mohammad and his family in Islam.

A mortal who was first in a garden beyond earth, came down to earth, to guide other sentient beings and become the Ruler on behalf of God.  He knew the fruits of the place of proximity to God and was best fit to warn now every sentient being of the dark enemy.

That is one of the most bizarre justifications for the Genesis account I have ever read.
Check the Mormons before generalizing like that.

Tut Tut
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 10, 2017 at 11:18 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: if Adam was created immortal, why did he need a tree to give him what he already had?

Are you asking within the context of the story, or as an expression of earlier and globally common human religious traditions?  

The only reason for the former..is the latter. Essentially, the tree of life was there for the same reason that the damsel is in distress. Just-so.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's a McGuffin

[Image: hitchcock-5.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It doesn't say tree of light. It says tree of life. God said we better not let Adam stretch out his hand to eat from this tree of LIFE, or he will live forever. If the tree imparts light as you describe, why not let Adam ear from it and be clean again?

One may not subscribe to a literal interpretation of scripture, but if you're just going to substitute whatever word suits you, what's the point. I could do the same thing with Dr. Seus and get a powerful message.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
As far as I know, he wasn't created immortal. Hence the dying 900 years later. I always thought they were allowed to eat from that tree, so they could continue living, but after being cut off they started to age and died.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 10, 2017 at 12:04 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: It doesn't say tree of light. It says tree of life. God said we better not let Adam stretch out his hand to eat from this tree of LIFE, or he will live forever. If the tree imparts light as you describe, why not let Adam ear from it and be clean again?

One may not subscribe to a literal interpretation of scripture, but if you're just going to substitute whatever word suits you, what's the point. I could do the same thing with Dr. Seus and get a powerful message.

Adam was into some weird aural sex kink? Who knew? (apologies, couldn't help it)

To the point at hand. The entire bible/koran/epic of gilgamesh/Egyptian book of the dead/LOTR/whatever, is predicated upon the fact that they are all fiction that a convincing speaker can foist upon a gullible audience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4204 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  Holy Tree QuarkDriven 28 6853 July 23, 2015 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The serpent, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life. Newtonscat 48 11596 February 4, 2015 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Idiots Flock To A Tree..... Minimalist 43 21210 July 17, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: FemmeRealism
  Found. The tree of knowledge of good and evil. Greatest I am 3 1937 November 2, 2011 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Greatest I am