Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Quirks
Random Quirks
I apologize if this has been done before but I didn't see one so hopefully we are good.

Now I know I'm OCD so I have a bunch of weird things I do but I'm interested in just little quirks that y'all have.

One of mine is that if one hand gets wet I have to get the other wet too. So when I was cupping water with one hand and I went to dry it I first had to touch my other palm with it so both were wet. I have no idea why I do this but it feels strange if I don't.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
RE: Random Quirks
I always crack my knuckles before I pick up a cup of coffee.  JUST coffee - not tea, not cocoa, not water.  I don't do it for anything else, like tools or books - it's just cups of coffee.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 17, 2017 at 3:17 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I apologize if this has been done before but I didn't see one so hopefully we are good.

Now I know I'm OCD so I have a bunch of weird things I do but I'm interested in just little quirks that y'all have.

One of mine is that if one hand gets wet I have to get the other wet too. So when I was cupping water with one hand and I went to dry it I first had to touch my other palm with it so both were wet. I have no idea why I do this but it feels strange if I don't.

IANMTU:

I have a small degree of nerve damage in one of my palms and when that area touches something cold, I get the sensation I'm contacting moisture. It was unsettling for quite a while, but I'm accustomed to it now.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I can't sleep until I know for certain that no taps are running in the house. Yes it's strange but I can't help it.
I get random laugh attacks. Where i burst out in laughter with little to no reasoning. At this point just about anything will provoke me to laugh. 

I smell my food before eating it.
I often rock myself to sleep.

Or perhaps jiggle is a better word.

I'm not being dirty by the way.

I mean like... I jiggle my hips in my bed and it helps calm me down and get to sleep.
or have some one else rock them . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wish.
Until it exploded in the microwave (zapping instant porridge) I just had, and I mean HAD, to have my cereals in a bowl given to me, about twenty years before, by my then gf. I hate doing the washing up (or dusting, vacuuming, making beds, doing the laundry . . .) but that bowl had to be cleaned every morning, immediately after use, before I did anything else.

Strangely its carastrophic end just evoked a shrug, some cleaning up (zappable porridge seems twice as sticky as any other) and a new bowl. Had I dropped it I often wonder if my reaction might have been different.
(November 17, 2017 at 3:17 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I apologize if this has been done before but I didn't see one so hopefully we are good.

So if you accidentally pee on one hand.......
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10976 250627 Yesterday at 4:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1897 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10018 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Random Song Lyrics Puke Skywalker 13 2606 July 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: brewer
  The random, out-of-context dialogue thread Cyberman 3 1007 September 27, 2016 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Random Insight When Drunk #1 Edwardo Piet 41 3877 September 25, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Random Steam-Of-Consciousness Bullshit Nonsense Thread Edwardo Piet 26 2100 September 13, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: c172
  Explaining/Comprehending: Another random poll. Edwardo Piet 14 2545 August 31, 2016 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The 'Random Lyrics When Drunk And In A Good Mood' thread. Edwardo Piet 5 1684 August 22, 2016 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Late Night Rambling Insomnia Thread: Random Nothingess Athene 207 19790 February 9, 2016 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13