Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
How are you?

My name is Dillon. I am a philosophy student with dreams of poverty. I've been an atheist for years now. I love debate. I also am a huge fan of Philosophy of Religion (even the stuff that presumes theism); pretty much all philosophy interests me. Any Plato enthusiasts in the house? Anyway, I hope to have some good discussions while I'm here.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Peace.
RE: Hello
Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote: My name is Dillon. I am a philosophy student with dreams of poverty.

You've chosen the right field.

Welcome.
Welcome from San Diego.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Oi.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 19, 2017 at 2:22 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I am a philosophy student

Alcoholic yet?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 19, 2017 at 4:31 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Alcoholic yet?

Yes
(November 19, 2017 at 4:53 am)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(November 19, 2017 at 4:31 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Alcoholic yet?

Yes

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome, Vulcan. I hope you enjoy our forums.
Sometimes we get some very involved philosophy threads going. That stuff often goes over my head though.
Welcome, this forum has one of the world's best philosophers to ever exist. He goes by the username: Little Rik.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates