Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screw turkey, I had this yesterday. YUM YUM
Screw turkey, I had this yesterday. YUM YUM
Philippine noodle, tofu/lamb soup.  All sorts of spices, scallions. Went to my friends house yesterday, that was my thanksgiving. Tons of people showed up, including a Philippine woman and her friend. Don't let the word "tofu" scare you, all the other things override it especially the spices. Seriously, screw turkey. 

What are some of the foods you've had on a holiday you did not expect but ended up liking?
RE: Screw turkey, I had this yesterday. YUM YUM
Glucerna . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 25, 2017 at 10:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

Boru

So? Doesn't mean I am required not to like it.
I think it sounds really good. I love Asian food.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 25, 2017 at 12:36 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I think it sounds really good. I love Asian food.

I've seen a lot of Asian food that by the eye only, looks like muck, but fantastic taste. I didn't think I'd like sushi the first time I was introduced to it, but damned good.

If anyone has ever bought the cheap Ramen Noodles at the grocery store, what I had yesterday was like the difference between the cheap dollar menu burger at McCrappywages, and a filet mignon, just that this time it was 5 star soup. I admit, the tofu had a weird texture to it, but because it was overwhelmed by the spices and other parts, it didn't take anything away. Kinda like how you can mix vegetables with fruits in a blender and the fruits kill the taste of the vegetables you don't like. 

I am 51 years old, and I can honestly say, that WAS the best holiday meal I have ever had in my life. 

And I want to submit a petition to the NFL that they replace Madden's "Turducken" with the "FSM" , "Flying Spaghetti Monster" award. That shit was awesome!
Screw turkey? No thanks. I'm not this guy:

However, yeah, in the sense you mean it screw turkey. It's more expensive less tasty and drier chicken!
(November 25, 2017 at 10:40 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 25, 2017 at 10:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

Boru

So? Doesn't mean I am required not to like it.

Perfectly correct.  Eat what you like, like what you eat.  I simply find both tofu and lamb revolting.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Well the REAL Boru thinks they're delicious.

Tofu and lamb are delicious.

TheRealBoru
(November 25, 2017 at 7:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:   I simply find both tofu and lamb revolting.

Boru

Hear, hear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198287 Yesterday at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1083 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 356 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1345 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2079 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 541 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1231 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8585 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Just had my first proper lucid dream ErGingerbreadMandude 33 4249 February 17, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Whateverist