Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam is not a universal religion
Islam is not a universal religion
Muslims think that islam is universal. But, is it really? Lets see what we can find about that in quran...

"A Scripture whereof the verses are expounded, a Lecture in Arabic for people who have knowledge,"
Fussilat:3

Only for ones who know Arabic... Why not everyone?

"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
Ibrahim:44

So muhammed is only arab's prophet NOT everyone...

"And lo! it is in truth a Reminder for thee and for thy folk; and ye will be questioned."
Not everyone just muho's folk...

Yes, islam is arab only religion! Just like Judaism is jewish only religion..
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
RE: Islam is not a universal religion
Its funny what conclusions one can get to with proof texting.
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am)annatar Wrote: Muslims think that islam is universal. But, is it really? Lets see what we can find about that in quran...

Islam is a universal religion indeed. It is not directed towards only one group of people as you are implying.

Being an Arab is not a reason for having an affiliation with Islam nor any other religion. Furthermore, considering all Muslims as Arabs is not correct. Why? Because there are many different races of people who come to Islam from various parts of the world. For example, there are Indian Muslims, Sri Lankan Muslims, African Muslims, Malaysian Muslims, Turkish Muslims, Bangladeshi Muslims, and people from many different nationalities, not only the Arabs. I am a Bangladeshi Muslim myself. There is nothing in the Quran which says that Islam is designated for a certain group of people only. On the contrary, there are many verses which say that Islam is universal and that the Quran is is a message that is sent to all mankind.

See the following verses and note the word "mankind" (which is in the beginning in of each of the verses):

"O Mankind! The Messenger has come to you in truth from Allah: believe in him: It is best for you. But if you reject Faith, to Allah belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And Allah is the All-knowing, All-wise." (Surah 4:170)

"Say (O Muhammad): 'O mankind! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to whom belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He that gives both life and death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, who believes in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) you may be guided.'" (Surah 7:158)

(November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am)annatar Wrote: "A Scripture whereof the verses are expounded, a Lecture in Arabic for people who have knowledge,"
Fussilat:3

Only for ones who know Arabic... Why not everyone?

You misinterpreted the verse obviously. It is only saying that the Quran was revealed in the Arabic language, which is a plain and understandable language for the Arabs, but this doesn't imply that the whole religion of Islam is for those who know arabic only. This is a gross and a clear misunderstanding. The point is that if the Quran was revealed to the Prophet in any other language, then then Arabs could have presented an excuse that they did not understand what the book is saying or that they are ignorant of it, but since the book is revealed in their own language, they cannot make such an excuse. Everything is plainly told in their own language and that's the essential meaning of the verse that you quoted.

(November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am)annatar Wrote: "And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
Ibrahim:44

So muhammed is only arab's prophet NOT everyone...

This is pretty much saying the same thing as the one above.

God sent down the Quran in the language of the people from among whom a Prophet was raised so that they might not have any excuse left that they could not understand the meaning of the Quran. Secondly, this ruled out the presumption that the prophet was given the revelation in a different language merely for the sake of a miracle. For certainly the purpose would be best served only if the Quran was sent down to the Arabs in their own language by the prophet and not in any other language which they don't understand.

(November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am)annatar Wrote: "And lo! it is in truth a Reminder for thee and for thy folk; and ye will be questioned."
Not everyone just muho's folk...

The words "thee and thy folk" in that verse does not exclude everyone else.
He was sent as prophet for everyone (including his own people), which is expressed in many other verses of the Quran. Here are two of them:

"We sent you not, but as a Mercy for all creatures." (Surah 21:107)

"This is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds (or nations)." (Surah 81:27)

(November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am)annatar Wrote: Yes, islam is arab only religion! Just like Judaism is jewish only religion..

As I already explain above, Islam is not directed toward the Arabs only. Arab is a race and Islam is a religion. And the religion is open to anyone regardless of their race. Yes, the prophet was an Arab and the Quran was revealed in Arabic also, but the message behind the Quran is universal (meaning that it is being addressed to everyone, not only the Arabs). Additionally, both the teachings of Islam and the history of its spread show that the early Muslims made every effort to spread the religion to many different nations of the world, regardless of what language they speak.

Also, I think it's ironic that you don't believe in the Quran in the first place, and yet, you're quoting verses from book as if you believe that the statements in the book are true.
I think he is quoting from the book to establish that what grew up around it isn't truthful about itself. I think he doesn't need what he quoted to be either true or false to make his point, Rayaan.
(November 4, 2010 at 12:56 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Islam is a universal religion indeed. It is not directed towards only one group of people as you are implying.
So you claim. Idealistically you may want relationships and interactions with people from other backgrounds and sects to be as harmonious and tolerable as possible; realistically Islam is most certainly not 'universal' in its message or any of its teachings for it does not attempt to incorporate other religious views into itself, it's as divisive, dogmatic and intolerant as the rest.

You are propagating Islam as omnism, which it is not, Muslims are not omnitheists.
I swear to Allah you made up the word 'omnitheist' and 'omnism', WC.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/omnitheist
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Its in the Oxford English Dictionary. Google "omnist" before making an arse of yourself. >.>
I was actually just making a joke...

However, I still maintain those words are weird and sound made up. Tongue
(November 6, 2010 at 3:06 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: So you claim. Idealistically you may want relationships and interactions with people from other backgrounds and sects to be as harmonious and tolerable as possible; realistically Islam is most certainly not 'universal' in its message or any of its teachings for it does not attempt to incorporate other religious views into itself, it's as divisive, dogmatic and intolerant as the rest.

You are propagating Islam as omnism, which it is not, Muslims are not omnitheists.

I supported my claim with proofs from the Quran. You didn't point out any mistakes nor justify your own claims. And Muslims are only followers of Islam. They are not omnitheists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 7681 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7848 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is about tiring the reader, not so much about truth (Scripture literature) Sogni921 34 4649 December 6, 2019 at 7:49 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1167 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 979 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 674 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7703 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13934 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Does Islam Need A Reformation (supossedly a debate but not really) ReptilianPeon 23 4057 March 23, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  "Not all" bad argument for ANY religion...... Brian37 6 1931 March 6, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd