Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion?
Exclamation 
Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion?
hello friends
Many years ago, I used to be a Muslim. I am now an agnostic.
There are many reasons why Islam is evily.
I will mention some. I was a Muslim and I hated Islam by reading books on the history of Islam written by Islamic missionaries. Before the internet. Before anti-Islamic books and sites are available on the internet. I was muslim but when read book that mullah had written about Islam i exited Islam.
RE: Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion?
When a creature claims absolute superiority and absolute right, it should not do anything wrong!
If he makes a mistake, he is no longer God.

Part of man's seeking God is related to human nature.
Sometimes the recognition of oppression is completely natural and correctly recognized.
(August 25, 2022 at 2:25 pm)Eclectic Wrote: There are many reasons why Islam is evily.

The word "evil" is meaningless outside of religious language. Since you purport to be an agnostic, you can't use this word without contradicting yourself. 

And there you go, your entire worldview has just been toppled.
Plainly untrue. Evil can refer to any number of things, and even religious conceptions of evil are generally underpinned by them. I, for example, think things are evil insomuch as they are harmful and malicious.

Doesn't take a god to explain or demonstrate harm or malice, does it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I refer to my cat as evil when I try to pet him and he decides he would rather bite or scratch me.

Evil has no big spiritual meaning for me.

And I realize that my cat is just being a cat.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

You've really gotta worry about a god so bad that even a believer would prefer to create a moral vacuum, rather than critically assess it's claimed opinions, deeds, and character. That's scary fast escalation, right there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 25, 2022 at 2:33 pm)R00tKiT Wrote:
(August 25, 2022 at 2:25 pm)Eclectic Wrote: There are many reasons why Islam is evily.

The word "evil" is meaningless outside of religious language. Since you purport to be an agnostic, you can't use this word without contradicting yourself. 

https://atheistforums.org/thread-64401-p...pid2114177
(August 25, 2022 at 2:56 pm)Eclectic Wrote:
(August 25, 2022 at 2:33 pm)R00tKiT Wrote: The word "evil" is meaningless outside of religious language. Since you purport to be an agnostic, you can't use this word without contradicting yourself. 

https://atheistforums.org/thread-64401-p...pid2114177

Let's stop with the circular links.

Your other thread could easily have been here.  Junking up the forum is frowned upon.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 25, 2022 at 2:47 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Doesn't take a god to explain or demonstrate harm or malice, does it?

Harm is a subset of evil, but it's certainly not identical to it. I remember from past discussions that you endorse moral realism, I also showed you its limits : there are acts that are extremely evil, and yet don't harm anybody. Example : cheating on a spouse without anyone ever knowing. In this example, nobody is harmed at all, the unfaithful husband might even derive pleasure from his relationship with his mistress, and at the same time his wife is really happy with her marriage, in total blissful ignorance. In sum : everyone his happy, the husband, the wife and the mistress.

So.. can your moral realism show us anything wrong with the unfaithful husband ?
Correct, harm is not identical to evil. As I said, I think evil takes harm and malice.

That you think you haven't harmed your spouse by cheating on her, provided she never finds out - is yet another difference between our moral views. Boy howdy, I'm glad you might get some enjoyment out of it, though!

Sure. The unfaithful husband has harmed his wife the very moment he violated her trust. Evil? Probably not...most cheaters aren't in it to hurt their spouse. Some are, though, and that's pretty heinous.

But pause for a second. Why on earth do you think any of these questions would be stumpers? How could I stumble my way through mundane existence navigating these very real concerns without any awareness or consideration of them whatsoever? It's absurd. Your entire line of questioning is, and will never be anything but, absurd.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7787 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1139 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 671 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2120 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7615 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13831 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  This is why islam is vomitously evil. Brakeman 41 4918 January 21, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Why do Atheists defend Islam? Mechaghostman2 260 40072 January 15, 2016 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Dasboot
  Islam: The Fastest Growing Religion (song) ReptilianPeon 15 3249 January 11, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Douglas Murray: Islam is not a peaceful religion mralstoner 3 1583 December 30, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Mystic