Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas music that annoys the f out of you.
Christmas music that annoys the f out of you.
Just like with "patriotic songs" some of them annoy the fuck out of me. The ones that mix patriotism with God piss me off. 

The Santa and Rudolph stuff is only annoying when it gets  repetitive, but not in and of itself. I feel the same about any music in a store or on the radio. Fine, just quit playing the same shit over and over. I feel the same way about TV adds too when I see them every other add break. 

Having said that, "Joy To The World" DOES annoy the fuck out of me because of 1 line, "Let earth receive it's King".

I must not have gotten the memo, but the last time I checked the west is neither a dictatorship nor a theocracy. No my theist friends, I am not calling for a ban on it, just saying the logic of that one line SUCKS and annoys me far more than any of the other songs that claim magic humans and cosmic wizards. 

No sorry, I don't want to live under a King, nor do I want to be ruled by someone who doesn't want or need my consent to rule over me. 

If you are going to play Christmas music, I'd prefer the Santa Rudolph stuff, even comedy songs like "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" or "Walking Around In Women's Underwear". Even South Park's "Merry Fucking Christmas'.

But that one song does annoy the fuck out of me. What are the Christmas songs you like, and what are the ones that you cringe at?
RE: Christmas music that annoys the f out of you.
Hey, revel in the heresy most religious xmas music contains !!!

It's all to the glory of SATAN when they don't get the dogma correct in baby Jesus music !!!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Fairytale Of New York is one of my favourites.

Mistletoe And Wine makes me want to puke.
When it starts on November 1st, all of it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
'The Holly and The Ivy' and 'Dominic the Christmas Donkey' are both pretty vom-inducing. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Some songs do rub me the wrong way. Mainly it's when most stations I pick up go full on christmas songs all day for a month that I get tired of it. It's little wonder why a lot of people think christmas trees and decorations should be taken down the day after the holiday, when they've had to put up with it for so long up until then.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I like most of it. Even the religious ones are pretty when you ignore the lyrics.
I think the only ones that annoy me are some of the super pop-modern ones.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
All of it.

Except:

Noddy Holder is living breathing testimony to the need for post natal abortion.
All his relatives, up to and including those seven times removed should be traced and executed. The genetic line must end.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(December 4, 2017 at 10:26 am)Cod Wrote: Mistletoe And Wine makes me want to puke.

Should not take it from the same glass.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for country music singers similar to Alan Jackson rado84 5 611 July 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  Christian music you actually like? JairCrawford 31 2661 June 17, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New Ahem Music Istvan 1 404 March 20, 2022 at 3:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 6219 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Listening to music popeyespappy 35 3408 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Music Composition FlatAssembler 1 247 May 22, 2020 at 3:08 pm
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1127 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 582 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Never a flash in the pan. MUSIC. Brian37 19 1590 December 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: no one
  Music videos that rep the POTUS'S idiocy. Brian37 9 1665 October 22, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah