Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for a museum?
Idea for a museum?
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a museum in which people could walk trough all geological periods of Earth history? Like maybe every room is one period filled with models (life sized?) of animals and plants that lived in that period. They start from pre-cambrian, then cambrian, oh I just walked into Ordovician, Silurian, Devon, Carboniferous, Permian (with it's extinction), Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, Neogene - early humans and us.

It would be not just super fun but also give people an idea of how prehuman history unraveled, because it seems most of the people have all the periods just mashed together in their heads.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Idea for a museum?
So...like... A natural history Museum?
I've been there at least twice Big Grin
what? o well back to the drawing board.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I would actually love this idea... A "journey of the human family", a museum dedicated to the evolution of humans since branching from the CA from the great apes. Does one exist? If not, quality idea!
I kind of imagined it as interactive experience that people would walk trough the areas recreated like  Earth in it's first 500 years (this is a crude concept)
[Image: aOGqI0Vy_o.jpg]

Or walk trough the Carboniferous
[Image: b0GCaH91_o.jpg]

There wouldn't be actual showpieces or archaeologists but rather models.
(December 8, 2017 at 2:20 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a museum in which people could walk trough all geological periods of Earth history? Like maybe every room is one period filled with models (life sized?) of animals and plants that lived in that period. They start from pre-cambrian, then cambrian, oh I just walked into Ordovician, Silurian, Devon, Carboniferous, Permian (with it's extinction), Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, Neogene - early humans and us.

It would be not just super fun but also give people an idea of how prehuman history unraveled, because it seems most of the people have all the periods just mashed together in their heads.

Along side that, should also be a museum of human cruelty. The best known one is the Holocaust Museum, but there is not one nation or religion that has not had its cruelty to outsiders, when you take into account global history. 

I've mentioned it before, when I visited Japan in 2000, I visited a history museum in Yokohama. In it, they depicted war and art, from antiquity, to the past 2 centuries and showed all the time their conflicts with the rest of Asia. When it got to the age of photography and war, they depicted the brutality on their population by their rivals in those conflicts. I am quite sure China has museums that depict their wars and their dead too.

Dead is dead to me, and I don't think enough humans worldwide understand how fragile life is or how alike we are more than we are different.
(January 13, 2018 at 2:51 pm)Jollocks Wrote: I would actually love this idea... A "journey of the human family", a museum dedicated to the evolution of humans since branching from the CA from the great apes. Does one exist? If not, quality idea!

Evolution smevolution. 

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What about the museum of bad thread ideas?
(January 14, 2018 at 11:34 am)Cod Wrote: What about the museum of bad thread ideas?

We're in it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurdity of the idea that a complex lifeform could be designed?!?! Duty 24 1720 October 7, 2021 at 4:28 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Cool Idea, Bizarre Headline BrianSoddingBoru4 15 2830 June 5, 2017 at 9:13 am
Last Post: brewer
  Creation Museum Manowar 55 21631 April 20, 2011 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Thor