Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation Museum
Creation Museum
How can this place still be open? If you go on youtube you will see little animatronic children playing with animatronic dinosaurs. i guess these guys ignore 6 inch fangs and claws. I am shocked no one complains about this museum more. Talk about being confusing for the kids that go there. In the museum they see the Flintstones and in school they are taught evolution and that dinosaurs died out millions of years earlier.Confusedhock:

manowar
RE: Creation Museum
Quote:How can this place still be open?

There is no shortage of xtian assholes in Kentucky.
It makes me throw up a little in my mouth to think that parents are taking their kids to the Creation Museum as if it's the damn Science Center or Museum of Natural History Angry
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
Those young kids that go there will be the future red necks. Christians hurt there kids on so many levels it makes me mad too.

Manowar
Ignorance and self-denial hurts kids on so many levels, I also abhore the YEC in general... but I also try not to generalize.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
About two years ago i got a brochure in the mail, apparently it was mailed to everyone in my area. it stated that Earth was the center of our solar system and there was proof. I had to reply to his e-mail that was on the brochure. he told me to check with astronomers to see if he was correct. so i did and they replied that he has a point but without getting too boring they said he was wrong and this is PROVEN fact. I replied back to him telling him what they said and that what he was doing at his local church, teaching people his nonsense ( by the way this person is not an astronmer) in my opinion is criminal. the tone of his reply went from calm to insane, he started calling me names and of course said the famous "The fool has said in his heart,“There is no God" which was getting of the off subject we were talking about. At that point i figured it was best to end these e-mails. I told him , if he replied i would delete his e-mails unopened. Can you believe a person can ignore was is proven correct only to make up his own solar system models based on the Bible. like i said Christians hurt their children letting them listen to this nut at church. i gotta believe those kids grow up so confused. It will take them years to get back on track.

Manowar
I can believe it. People are generally all kinds of stupid in most areas. Luckily, in my experiences locally, young Earth creationism and denial of evidence aren't even a presence. That's why the Christianity I know doesn't harm my children.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Quote:the Christianity I know doesn't harm my children.

You've got to get out of the house more, Tacky.
When i was a kid I went to catechism in the basement of our church. I was curious kid and would ask questions like how come in school we are taught about dinosaurs and very Old Earth, Evolution? The questions would be avoided, finally after asking this again, and again. a nun said we are not saying it did not happen that way (meaning evolution) I said, yes you are, ir's Adam and Eve or evolution she quickly changed the subject and never got a straight answer after that. I grew up confused for the most part not sure if God was creator or was science correct, I started reading scholars (believers and non-believers though non-believers seem to out weigh the believers. )My point is I would be better off with straight answers not all of this nonsense. it took me years to get on track and never did i think of going back even the darkest times of my life. I think teaching religion to children hurt them, maybe not permantly but they would be better off without it so would the world

Manowar
(April 1, 2011 at 2:34 pm)Manowar Wrote: I grew up confused for the most part not sure if God was creator or was science correct. My point is I would be better off with straight answers not all of this nonsense.

I feel for you. And I agree, I despise religious indoctrination and evasion of the facts in defense of their myths. Teach children the scientific evidence we've been accumulating for centuries, and the best explanations based on this evidence. Religion should be taught as a humanities course, when the child is old enough to grasp cultural and sociological concepts.

If God is everywhere, if he's all powerful, he doesn't need society or parents or priests or Sunday school teachers drilling the idea of him into children's heads. He can just enter their minds and reveal himself privately to them, without any help.

If children have a solid science education, are taught about many different religions, and have managed to avoid indoctrination, I'll bet most will decide against religion. If they still decide to be religious, then at least they've been given all the information, and are being allowed to decide for themselves. But by no means should religious doctrine and supernatural ideas be taught as 'fact' or 'the Truth' to anyone, least of all to young impressionable children.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Idea for a museum? Fake Messiah 12 2646 January 15, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  My essay on evolution vs creation. Yahweh 11 3984 February 25, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth Alter2Ego 190 73579 August 23, 2013 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Evolution V Creation Zen Badger 168 64516 January 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Need some help refuting this creation argument... DaveSumm 25 9913 January 12, 2013 at 7:16 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Did man get here by evolution or by creation??? solja247 10 6069 April 7, 2011 at 9:43 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko