Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Douglas Turns 101
Kirk Douglas Turns 101
One of the great ones still lives and just celebrated his 101rst birthday. Kirk Douglas. 

Quote:The legendary actor turned 101 on Saturday, and his daughter-in-law, Catherine Zeta-Jones, couldn't help but celebrate with a sweet post on Instagram. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebri...spartandhp

Olivia De Havilland also turned 101 this year and is still alive. She was Melanie in "Gone With The Wind"

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Kirk Douglas Turns 101
jesus !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I've done KDT 101.

It was an easy exam.

Rolleyes
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
WOW!

That's almost as old as Minimalist!

Panic
(December 10, 2017 at 11:32 am)Hammy Wrote: WOW!

Panic

Not even close. Next to that dried up crusty old crab Kirk Douglas is a youngster.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
I confess to being a little surprised that A Theist would mention the birthday of lifelong liberal.  Pleased, but surprised.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Not an actor or actress but inside the world of horticulture we just lost a grand dame of our own, Ruth Bancroft.  She departed her fabled garden and this world at the end of this past November at the age of 109.  

It is not too late to start your garden, people.  Ruth didn't start gardening until she was 42 and didn't begin planting the garden she is famous for until she retired from teaching at 63.  Her 2.5 acre garden in Walnut Creek was the first to be preserved by the Garden Conservancy and has been open to the public for the past 26 years.

I would like to say she is famous for having said "You can have my trowel when you take it from my cold dead hand".  Unfortunately, it isn't true as far as I know.
(December 10, 2017 at 11:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I confess to being a little surprised that A Theist would mention the birthday of lifelong liberal.  Pleased, but surprised.

Boru

Yeah but, still, despite his politics, to hit 101 is noteworthy, both he and Olivia De Havilland. Whateverist just mentioned someone who passed away at the age of 109. Douglas even suffered a stroke a few years back, and he's still with us. I'm just amazed at how some people can live that long.

Wasn't there some scam that he died a while back?
(December 10, 2017 at 11:32 am)Hammy Wrote: WOW!

Panic

But far less vituperative.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump Turns G-7 into a Reality Show Jehanne 136 15426 June 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  A lake in Australia turns pink Amarok 28 4002 March 10, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Joods
  WEll, Whaddaya Know.. A democrat with balls turns out to be a girl! Minimalist 0 553 December 9, 2016 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Peter Mondavi, winemaker, dies at 101 c172 0 468 February 23, 2016 at 1:46 am
Last Post: c172
  Tar Heel turns State red. Brian37 20 2383 February 14, 2015 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: CristW