Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawai'i
Hawai'i
Hawai'i, island of Kure, starting where the other islands have, and are now forming, is at best, according to science, 28M years old. The rest of the islands are much newer. One, the island of Hawai'i, isn't done yet and one, Lo'ihi, at least, will make it's appearance at some later date.

Yet, some of you have given me a evolutionary time scale and process. Did you ask Hawai'i if you are right? 

You say reptiles preceded birds. In Hawai'i, there are fossils of extinct pre-man birds but never a pre-man reptile? No dinosaurs! No land mammals! None! Nothing here fits your timeline or hypothesis!

Hawai'i is conveniently located in the middle of absolutely nowhere! Obviously, these unique Hawaiian birds did not have time to "evolve" here or, anywhere else, as they are/were only here! Obviously then, nor did they fly here!

So, 'splain me why they, the indigenous only to Hawai'i birds, with out time for a possible nothing to evolutionary existence process, and way too far to fly, are/were here--only here! I am asking you as I have no clue!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
RE: Hawai'i
(December 30, 2017 at 2:46 am)Haipule Wrote: Hawai'i, island of Kure, starting where the other islands have, and are now forming, is at best, according to science, 28M years old. The rest of the islands are much newer. One, the island of Hawai'i, isn't done yet and one, Lo'ihi, at least, will make it's appearance at some later date.

Yet, some of you have given me a evolutionary time scale and process. Did you ask Hawai'i if you are right? 

You say reptiles preceded birds. In Hawai'i, there are fossils of extinct pre-man birds but never a pre-man reptile? No dinosaurs! No land mammals! None! Nothing here fits your timeline or hypothesis!

Hawai'i is conveniently located in the middle of absolutely nowhere! Obviously, these unique Hawaiian birds did not have time to "evolve" here or, anywhere else, as they are/were only here! Obviously then, nor did they fly here!

So, 'splain me why they, the indigenous only to Hawai'i birds, with out time for a possible nothing to evolutionary existence process, and way too far to fly, are/were here--only here! I am asking you as I have no clue!

They flew there or hitched a ride on something that floated.

Some birds spend almost their entire lives on the wing. But there are also things that float in the sea so birds could perch on them for a bit and then fly around for a bit eventually making landfall.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170213-...te-islands

Quote:A study of weevils in the Canary Islands suggests that animals can travel from one land mass to another by floating on giant rafts of earth and vegetation, created by huge landslides.

Quote:"The unique contribution of this new work is that it shows that immense landslides on oceanic islands can cause the movement of species between islands, and it goes on to provide evidence that this has actually happened in the Canary Islands," Tregenza says. "I think this is a very exciting finding."

There you go.
No god required.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The Big Island emerged long after most of the dinosaurs were killed off by the Chicxulub meteor impact. 

This reminds me of one of my cousins. She pointed out that the Soviet "symbol" was a red star. This, she claimed, was a pentagram and meant they were atheists who worshiped Satan.  Jerkoff
(December 30, 2017 at 2:46 am)Haipule Wrote: Hawai'i, island of Kure, starting where the other islands have, and are now forming, is at best, according to science, 28M years old. The rest of the islands are much newer. One, the island of Hawai'i, isn't done yet and one, Lo'ihi, at least, will make it's appearance at some later date.

Where did you get the notion that birds can't fly to Hawaii from other land masses?  Have a wee google at 'long distance migration'.

Why, oh WHY don't dimwits who question evolution do a bit of research first?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You need to get better educated. You need to actually read from several dry fact books to understand what is evolution and the processes involved.

My simple approach to your question is: Does your ignorance on why X happened, imply that your personal Y is true?
(December 30, 2017 at 7:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Where did you get the notion that birds can't fly to Hawaii from other land masses?  Have a wee google at 'long distance migration'.

Why, oh WHY don't dimwits who question evolution do a bit of research first?

Boru

Well, seagulls don't fly between land masses. 

Oh wait, they do. 

Well, albatross don't.

Oh wait, they do. 

I could go on...

Even birds with shorter endurance can make the trip. Birds have been seen riding debris rafts. Good spot for them where there's little else to take a break.
I think this POE just "got" the rest of you.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Bingo lolly, GS.  I have a dream - it isn't a big dream, it's a little dream.  I dream of the day when people who imagine they've hit on a refutation of some aspect of evolutionary theory would, before it posting to a message board, put some form of it into a question and google the fucking thing.

It's a dead cert than any problem with evolutionary theory they can think up has already been presented by one of their ilk and refuted by those...whaddyacallem...biologists.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 30, 2017 at 7:41 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I think this POE just "got" the rest of you.

That, or I'm bored.
(December 30, 2017 at 7:41 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I think this POE just "got" the rest of you.

Trying to determine genuine dumbness or something to move fingers about.

Still, the refutations might prove informative, I guess.